Dead or dying?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
Can it come back? I've never had a coral actually show skeleton before. I've been battling parameter problems for a few weeks. It looks like I'm really losing.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
988456=56541-image.jpg
>
988456=56541-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Is your cuc messing with it?
I would try to place it on a frag rack or other isolated area preventing additional damage to the flesh.

I would superglue the flesh that is loose, move it to very low flow, spot feed it and as Francisco said place it on a frag rack.

Thanks guys. I just moved it to my sump and put it on a flat rock and redirected my carbon return away from it. I don't have a fuge but I did turn on my fuge light and will do so while it is there for a couple of hours per day.

It did have cuc on it when I moved it but not when I noticed it earlier.

I would cut the dead spot out. I did this to a scoly and it grew back fine. Just takes awhile.

JimmyStephens;988490 wrote: I would cut the dead spot out. I did this to a scoly and it grew back fine. Just takes awhile.

+1

Great place for it as long as theres enough lighting. Keeping the sand off injured areas is important too but don't blow the area hard with a turkey baster...

Once it stabilizes and you can tell exactly what isn't going to recover you can carefully cut it off staying a distance back from live area. It will look better too.

What's the best way to cut it away?

I have a JBJ Nanoglow fuge light, I doubt it has enough light output.

I have no idea how that happened. It could be parameters, a RBTA nearby or......?

Move it off the sand (which I believe you've done.)

Give it a disinfecting dip to try to kill off any potential infection.

Do NOT glue it or cut it. If you cut the tissue, you'll mangle it more and increase the infection risk.

Tissue will not regrow into the dead area but it may regrow OVER the dead area.

Jenn

Nothing new to report which must be good news. Hopefully I can get my parameters straightened out so the poor thing has a chance at recovery.

I cut 1/2 Wellso skeleton off with new pruning sheers.
It is easy to cut the live tissue tho! I did nip the live tissue by accident but it lived and formed a new mouth. The new mouth is only attached to the large Wellso by skeleton and could be fragged but it looks cool as is.
Glad it's holding on.

Back