DI resin

when the tds meter reads over zero or at 12 months, whichever is sooner (12 months for me)

I guess it's about time for me to order one then. My TDS meter went out about 6 months ago and I haven't changed my resin in about 3 years. I change my cartidges every 3 months or so and the membrane about every 6. Where are you all buying your DI resin?

a>

Ok at the risk of sounding like a noob... just got my RODI unit a few months ago. How often do you replace stuff in it? So far got Filter media every 3 months (assuming that is the stuff in the tall clear cylinders) and membrane every 6 months (assume that is the tube in the horizontal DI part of the unit). Is there anything else that needs replacing? Where is the resin?

Brian

around atlanta the water is not too bad. you should be able to get more time than that between changes. I got my unit used, the previous owner used it for 6 months and I have used it for 8 months. I still get 0 TDS water out of it. I would suggest you get a TDS meter and watch it that way...

JMHO

Jason

Rockdog;207947 wrote: around atlanta the water is not too bad. you should be able to get more time than that between changes.

Agreed, Atlanta water is VERY clean in comparison to some areas of the country. I have been using the same RO cartridge for 5+ years here, still reads a tds output of 2. I run that through a dual DI filter which I have also been running for about 5 years with 0 TDS out of that... If you are running very low TDS out of your RO membrane, your DI cartridge will last a long time....

Back