Did my clowns just spawn?

genesis

Market
Reaction score
Had these two snowflake clowns that paired up ever since being added in the tank. They don't host any anemones but just hangout in the back right side of my tank. Recently been noticing them being really protective over there area and today when I got home from church I saw this on the back glass.

image_zpsv6j1efl6.jpeg
alt="" /></a>

image_zpsgamvoldp.jpeg
alt="" /></a>

Yep. Should hatch in about 10 days.

Congratulations :)

Unfortunately they placed their eggs in a bad spot, you likely won't be able to catch the larvae when they hatch.

Circle of life.

Jenn

JennM;1058276 wrote: Yep. Should hatch in about 10 days.

Congratulations :)

Unfortunately they placed their eggs in a bad spot, you likely won't be able to catch the larvae when they hatch.

Circle of life.

Jenn

Thanks Jenn. I wasn't planning on trying to raise them but it's good to know they are capable.

Dylan Ringwood;1058318 wrote: That is awesome! sorry no other helpful advice!

thanks, curious to know what their offspring would look like.

You want see them. They will be consumed almost immediately. At least that's what happens in my tank. Once they start they will spawn all the time

Mikesmith34;1058351 wrote: You want see them. They will be consumed almost immediately. At least that's what happens in my tank. Once they start they will spawn all the time

My flame angel has been coming over in their area a lot more lately, I think trying to get a snack and they have been real aggressive towards it defending it. Someone has been getting to them as you can see in the first picture.

Round 2

{rtf1ansiansicpg1252
{fonttblf0fnilfcharset0 .SFUIDisplay-Regular;}
{colortbl;red255green255blue255;red255green255blue255;red85green138blue199;}
deftab720
pardpardeftab720qcpartightenfactor0

f0fs48 cf2 cb3 expnd0expndtw0kerning0
outl0strokewidth0 strokec2 We think we've found an addresscb1
}

mine spawned consistently for a year, then their LTA decided to go for a spin around the tank and got rehomed to the refugium, they haven't spawned since then (been about 3 months). They do have a RBTA in the old LTA spot and they host it but no spawning still.

On a side note, I see what looks like a huge chip and a big blob of silicone right where they spawn. Did your tank get a leak there and did that patch actually stop it?

outdrsyguy1;1061459 wrote: mine spawned consistently for a year, then their LTA decided to go for a spin around the tank and got rehomed to the refugium, they haven't spawned since then (been about 3 months). They do have a RBTA in the old LTA spot and they host it but no spawning still.

On a side note, I see what looks like a huge chip and a big blob of silicone right where they spawn. Did your tank get a leak there and did that patch actually stop it?

They don't host anything but stay confined to this part of the tank. As far as the chip, I bought it like that. It had a chip from when the previous owner was moving it. It didn't leak as the chip was just on the outside, however I put the silicone there because I didn't want a sharp chip lol. I have noticed since they have been in "spawning mode" they have become really aggressive to each other and any other fish that comes in their area

Camellia;1061462 wrote: Wow in 20 days!

Sure glad the "human race" isn't capable of that!!!

*_*

Sure feels that way in my case 4 kids deep lol

Back