dimensions help.

freddy4130

Market
Reaction score
Someone threw away two really great pieces of glass today at work. I snuck and got them out of the trash. It is still in the cardboard from when it was originally purchased. 1/4" thinck and measures 29"X12" and there are two pieces. What would you guys suggest for a mini tank made out of just these two pieces? By that, I mean what dimensions would you guys make a small tank if this was the ONLY glass you had?

How about 12"L 9.5"W 9.5"H? I could make the bottom, front and back out of one piece that way.

make a cube without another piece of glass I think. Unless I made it like 6" high or something like that.

you could do the 12x12, and go buy a 12" square piece. I'm sure a 12" square piece of glass would be easy to find (and not too expensive)

I could make each side 12" wide and 9.5" high and have enough for a bottom that is 12"X12". What do you think about that?

stickx911;248337 wrote: you could do the 12x12, and go buy a 12" square piece. I'm sure a 12" square piece of glass would be easy to find (and not too expensive)

Correct. My local glass shop said they could cut it at $6 per panel the other day. Then I stumbled onto the free glass. So for $6 and some silicone, I could have a 1' cube

Plus I could have them cut the other two pieces for me for a couple bucks. And I could then get the baby corallife PCF and have only spent the amount I was going to spend on glass alone. Hmmmmm. Thank goodness for free junk.

Back