Dinos and tank changes

SnowManSnow;1083313 wrote: Well the sand bed is GONE, except for a hand full scattered around which I'll be pulling out at the water change.
The tank does look different without the substrate, but not bad.. just different. Besides, I plan on wall to wall coral soooooo it won't matter for long haha.

HUGE polyp extension on my sps corals this morning.
I haven't tested parameters yet, but plan on it later today. Also, crossing fingers, no dinos in sight.
Keep in mind this is following a week of peroxide dosing.

Let's see a pick Brandon...

I am thinking of going BB as well. I just moved all of my live rock and livestock into a temporary holding tank while I complete the move of my stand and equipment to the house. I dumped the sand, so the holding tank is BB ATM. I kind of like the look, and what SPS I have do look to be enjoying it.

ghbrewer;1083515 wrote: Let's see a pick Brandon...

I am thinking of going BB as well. I just moved all of my live rock and livestock into a temporary holding tank while I complete the move of my stand and equipment to the house. I dumped the sand, so the holding tank is BB ATM. I kind of like the look, and what SPS I have do look to be enjoying it.

grant,
i'll get a few pics up soon. Right now things are still in a bit of disarray haha

my biggest concern now will be managing the low nutrients long term

Well here's a pic. Some corals still don't have a home, but you can get the general idea. I really only have 2 Rock structures that aren't even really structures. To eliminate rock falls I just took hunks of Pukani and carved them into what I wanted haha.
The other corals will be very low in the tank. The open half at the top really helps with flow and will help over the next year as coral growth blocks out some flow.
9c22137c49aeabadac68e45ad194e424.jpg
alt="" />

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Here's the left and right sides all from one rock each. Hollowing out the boulder was an adventure haha
a205d0a599e81991c1ebb05df6c132c2.jpg
alt="" />
6d8f44409389fb1e6150dfbebb12be86.jpg
alt="" />

I just realized what troopers these sps are! I set up the tank ABOUT a year ago and they have been through 5 lighting systems. I think I've settled though haha

Back