Display tank at Wellstar-Cobb Hospital

Yah I hope all is well.

I had the opposite reaction to the display tank at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. It is a tank full of clownfish and baby blue tangs, aka nemos and doris. All the tangs were dying. I have no idea what the malady was but it looked like they were being peeled alive...

6 stitches, but okay.

About the tank.... it's been up since July. I'd guess 200 gallons built into the wall. Lots of LR ... Fish we saw were: yellow tang, sailfin tang, some other tang (naso? hippo?), 6 clowns, school of 8-10 chromis, foxface, a couple of anthias. Also saw 3 flame scallops, hermit crabs, snails, misc corals.

And lots and lots of algae. At first, we thought... "well, July -- maybe still a bit of cycling." We left there @ after 11:00 p.m. and the lights were still on. I wonder if they ever go off? Since the ER is open 24/7. Fish did seem a bit stressed. Maybe the ER has a less busy time than 8:00-11:00, which was when we were there, and maybe it gets turned off then.

Now I want a tank built into the wall though... very pretty.

Tanks that sre built in to a wall is cool, but your viewing space is cut down drastically.

Was it you that got stitches? Sorry to hear!

Dakota9;109759 wrote: Tanks that sre built in to a wall is cool, but your viewing space is cut down drastically.

Was it you that got stitches? Sorry to hear!

Stuck my hand into a glass to wash it. Not the thin kind of glass... the heavy, crystal kind. Must have been a crack that I didnt see, because the glass came apart in my hand and carved a nice letter *W* onto my right index finger. Typing speed will be slowed for awhile.

I didnt think about the viewing space on a built in. Good point. Unless you had it built in on the top/bottom and one side, like a peninsula.

I'll take pictures next time I'm there. I seem to end up in the ER once every 6 months or so... the day before my first ARC meeting I was there for an appendectomy. Fun.

Ouch... sorry to hear about the stitches, but at least you got to see a nice tank.

Ugh, I had the same type thing happen when I was washing glass flutes after Thanksgiving.. I didn't have to get stitches though- OUCH!
Glad you are ok!

FutureInterest;109753 wrote: Yah I hope all is well.

I had the opposite reaction to the display tank at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. It is a tank full of clownfish and baby blue tangs, aka nemos and doris. All the tangs were dying. I have no idea what the malady was but it looked like they were being peeled alive...

was this egleston?
if so it was because they are moving the building and the cleaning company was fired so they had the nurses taking care of them.it used to be an extremlly nice tank.

The Wellstar tank is a Southeast Aquariums build, install, and maintenance account. We're gald you like it. The entire tank is built out of Starphire. I was just there today around 1-3pm. The lights do cycle, unless someone there forgot to change the timer back to timer mode.

I just put in two Tunze 6080s today. It's still a really young tank. I'll be adding some more basic coral in there in two weeks. All of our new stock is still in QT. Everything gets about two weeks QT before we send it out.

Glad you like it Linda, and thanks for the complement. It's good to know that our hard work is appreciated by reef enthusiasts.

I work in hospitals and will be in cobb tomorrow afternoon so I will stop by and take a peak.

Yes, we installed it back in July. The maintenace was today so unfortunately you saw it before he got there. Here's a couple shots; it was only 2 weeks old here. And yes there is a sump behind all that equipment. It is tight quarters back there.

SouthEast Aquariums;109974 wrote: Yes, we installed it back in July. The maintenace was today so unfortunately you saw it before he got there. Here's a couple shots; it was only 2 weeks old here. And yes there is a sump behind all that equipment. It is tight quarters back there.

It's a beautiful tank. Wish you could come and do one for me!!!

Curious who decided on the livestock list? I thought flame scallops didn't have a good mortality rate, especially in a young system. And are there plans in the offing of putting an anemone in there for the clowns? I <u>love</u> the school of chromis and you can see them from across the room... as soon as you go in the front door.

Only one suggestion... if there's not one there already (I couldn't get close to that side of the tank): maybe a *please do not tap on glass* sign on the side that faces the childrens' waiting area. I did see some enthusiastic kiddos who liked to make the chromis scatter.

This is the tank at 2 weeks old. Linda can attest to how much better it's looking now.

IMG_00832s.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0077s.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0075s.jpg
alt="" />

That sump, and sorry about the sideways pic, goes all the way back underneath the entire length of the tank. In two weeks I have to pull out the GFO reactor at the back of it. It will be fun, thank God for long tongs.

Does it have doors on both ends?

Very nice and clean looking, good job.

Too bad you had to use that brand skimmer. I hear wied things about the new owners of that company.

Back