Display tank at Wellstar-Cobb Hospital

Roland Jacques;110267 wrote:
Too bad you had to use that brand skimmer. I hear wied things about the new owners of that company.

haHA.. A fine jest, sir! The only access is that sideways pic. We didn't want to be in the way of any patients or medical staff in the ER waiting room. There is one thing I hate about MRC skimmers. They get too dirty too fast. They are absolutely FILTHY after two weeks. I'm thinking about changing all the accounts to one more more Seaclones. I'll never have to clean them!

DannyBradley;110257 wrote: That sump, and sorry about the sideways pic, goes all the way back underneath the entire length of the tank. In two weeks I have to pull out the GFO reactor at the back of it. It will be fun, thank God for long tongs.

Let me know when you're going over there. I might stop by and watch, if it's not during my work hours.

It will be Wednesday the 26th. I should be there by 12, but something may get thrown in the mix that day. You never know in this crazy fish business!

They are going to have a real problem with people who are going to be there with no emergency aren't they? :)

SuAsati;110295 wrote: They are going to have a real problem with people who are going to be there with no emergency aren't they? :)

well, I do have to get my stitches taken out... but, darn.. I'm not going to the ER for that.

I'll fake a tummy ache.

:D

I was there today on business and it looks great. I love the aquascape. What are the orange rods holding the rocks together.

It would be cool to put up a little framed poster close by with a lifestock list. A picture and brief description of each item in the tank. We saw people saying "oooooooo... what's <u>that</u>???"

The guy @ the ER sign-in desk said he's a reefer though and has SW tanks. So maybe he answers peoples' questions. (Really nice guy... even filled out my sign-in form for me since I couldn't use my right hand... we should recruit him into the club.)

:)

SuAsati;110295 wrote: They are going to have a real problem with people who are going to be there with no emergency aren't they? :)

Kinda like the majority of the people that are there anyway.:shades:

Roundman-
They're fiberglass rods and doing exactly what you described. Holding the rock structure together. We're just waiting on the coralline to cover them up.

steagfs-
I spent 6 years, 5 of them management, in aquatics retail while running a small maintenance operation on the side. When I quit Petland I went looking for a great maintenance company to work for. The search included states from Texas to Connecticut. I met Margi at a reef club meeting, sent her a resume, and came on board as Director of Maintenance for Southeast Aquariums. SEA and I both shared the same basic principle of, 'Do it right, do it better, and be honest and fair about it'. It takes a great work ethic with a lot of pride in what you do, and you have to back that with a fair amount of knowledge in captive marine and freshwater husbandry coupled with handyman experience. You start it small, always expanding on your ability.

Back