Diving Spots in the Area

I've been to Dive Haven a couple times... a great place for refresher dives. As mentioned above there's a chicken coop just above the quarry so there's a bit of stench sometimes and it attributes to the algae in the quarry. Its COLD below the thermocline. The staff there has always been extreemly helpful.

Is it Jocassee or Keowee that has the Nuclear Powerplant? I haven't been up to ride the outputs in a couple years... it's the perfect place for a 3mil dive in Jan/Feb :)

Yeah Lake Keowee is where the hothole is. Great dive. It is right next to Lake Jocassee up in SC. A few shops will run out there on the weekends with pontoon boats (I know Bill from off the wall does for a fact, as well as bermuda triangle). They usually only ask you to chip in for gas as they are usually doing checkouts for open water students. It's fun riding the outputs, and it's nice wearing a 3 mil in december. The only thing is, you know when you get out of the stream, as it is cold!

Also a few other divespots semi-close are Dive Land in Gadsen, AL (Nice quarry, nice and natural. I like this better than ABWA. There is also Loch Low Minn up in Tennessee that is a nice quarry.

I like Cave Diving so my springs selection is a tad bit different.

I like the Devil's System at Ginnie, Cow Springs, Telford Springs, Peacock Springs, Madison Blue, Jackson Blue, and Morrison Springs (Great Cavern dive). Vortex is a fun dive too, The cave is nice and huge. Of course don't cave dive without training. I hate it when I see open water divers (not hard to spot, vest BC's, snorkels, and split fins, heh) down at 110' at the stop sign.

Matt

Back