Diy 12g Nano Media Basket

superclown

Market
Reaction score
My weldon 4 arrived yesterday so I decided to give it a go.

I wanted a 3 stage media chamber that could be removed easily.

I have seen these sell for as much as 50.00 and in all honesty it only took me like 2 hours from start to finish.

I started out measuring my chamber and how much room I had to work with. I then cut everything out. I used 1/8 acrylic so I was able to run a straight edge across the acrylic a couple of times and get easy clean cuts.

2010-12-15_02-01-13_236.jpg
alt="" />

Its pretty straight foward I glued 2 pieces together to create the beginnings of a box as you can see here using my media basket inserts to square everything up as best as possible.

2010-12-15_02-27-34_636.jpg
alt="" />

I went ahead and glued the other side piece on to give me a nice even square I stuck the media chambers (egg crate) on the inside to get me as close to square as possible. I only glued on side with a couple of spots just to give me something to work off of for my next step

2010-12-15_02-57-53_697.jpg
alt="" />

It is hard to make out in the picture below but basically I have 2 pieces one on top and one on bottom that is running horizontal with the length of the media basket and a center brace piece that is perpendicular to that up under the middle piece of egg crate for support.

after that was attached I was able to break away my piece I glued earlier so the media can be easily changed out when needed the openings of the media basket will be inserted so that almost every bit of the water will have to pass through all 3 chambers and exit out the bottom
2010-12-15_03-45-13_938.jpg
alt="" />

here is another shot.

2010-12-15_03-45-32_350.jpg
alt="" />

How does the outside remove to gain access to the inside of the media basket?

There is only 3 sides to it and the 4th side is open with only 3 supports attachex

I will try to see if I can get a better pic later so u can see what im talkin bout

SuperClown;590280 wrote: I will try to see if I can get a better pic later so u can see what im talkin bout

I see it on the right side.Im going to make a basket my self now.

Back