DIY 20L with 20L Refugium

Awsome. Im kinda thinking of stealing your idea lol. Now would you just let it flow over that into the hole or what? Im not really getting that part. I have a EXTERNAL overflow so now really sure how yours works.

Pretty sure i'm going with the quietone 3000 pump though.

Here is a sneak peek at what i've been doing tonight...

IMG_2538.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_2539.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_2537.jpg
alt="" />

triga22: yea ok that creates an overflow chamber inside your tank. From that chamber it flow through the hole you cut in the side of your tank and down into your sump/fuge. this is the link that i used...i compied too...lol

showthread.php

Instead i decided to just make the whole front removable...but this is still undecided until i stain it i guess...lol

dude thats pure laziness. get off your butt and make the doors, it looks like crap if you leave it that way. You know how to use a saw. When I come over this weekend Ill saw the whole **** thing in half if you dont fix it.

Awsome. Are you going to put an overflow box over the drain? Like the other person is making on here?

That looks really great, man- you've inspired me to do more DIY projects. I think a remote display 'fuge is in order!

Yeah i am going to have an overflow covering the drain i've already got it but i put another coat on it so its not in the picture...

And wbholwell my roommates are trying to get me to leave the fuge open for display as well...who knows i might put a little window in at the bottom so i can keep an i on my frog fish :)

looks good, nice pics! Is that 1/2" loc line for your return. Also what size is your drain hole?

wjyeager;76711 wrote:
And wbholwell my roommates are trying to get me to leave the fuge open for display as well...who knows i might put a little window in at the bottom so i can keep an i on my frog fish :)

Yeah, I find that I'm spending a good amount of time on my knees peering into my 'fuge. Plus I <u>really</u> like the idea of a display 'fuge with seahorses!

Chrisjet: Yes i believe it is 1/2 locline and my drain hole starts at 1in but then converts to 3/4in

wbholwell: yea my roommate has a 29 lying around(******* wouldn't let me use it) but when he moves out he says he is going to set it up as a seahorse tank. right now he is sticking with freshwater cause its cheaper and easier(not as fun though :)

ummm i thought you told me you updated this tonight??? def see no new pics. You're an idiot.

this might be getting a little ahead of where you're at, but be careful pointing the locline too far down in your tank or you risk sucking half the water into the sump should your pump stop working.

louis;91931 wrote: ummm i thought you told me you updated this tonight??? def see no new pics. You're an idiot.
you sound just liek me when i mess with my friends...lol how are you gonna secure the pvc to the tank?

Holy deep digging Mark!! This thread is like a year and a half old.. What did you do? Click the last page in the archives? LOL

Back