DIY Apex Mounting board in-cabinet

zoajohn

Supporting
Reaction score
Looking for inspiration on how to mount my apex in my Red sea reefer 350 cabinet. Specifically the materials used. I've browsed through countless threads on R2R but no one really describes what they bought/used in detail.

Originally was planning on a sheet of plywood painted and drilled, but am thinking I want it to look a little nicer. I've seen some cool setups that have multiple boards hinged for cable/power adapter access underneath.

Here it is. I need to fix a few things and add some Velcro in a few places still. I am also going to add some interior lights to this as well.

Attachments

• 20200923_212957.jpg
    20200923_212957.jpg
    972.8 KB · Views: 32
Here it is. I need to fix a few things and add some Velcro in a few places still. I am also going to add some interior lights to this as well.
Looks good. What thickness plywood did you use?

I cannot remember off the top of my head. I wish I would have gone a tad thicker just because trying to fine that short of screws was kinda hard. I also used miniextension cords so everyhing is plugged in the back in case it has a thick plug or anything. They were in 2ft sections. Glad I went with that size over the 1fts. It gave me a little more room to play with.

I cannot remember off the top of my head. I wish I would have gone a tad thicker just because trying to fine that short of screws was kinda hard. I also used miniextension cords so everyhing is plugged in the back in case it has a thick plug or anything. They were in 2ft sections. Glad I went with that size over the 1fts. It gave me a little more room to play with.
The extension cords are a good idea. How wide did you drill the holes for the cable grommets?

I ordered the grommet things off amazon. I believe it was like 1 1/4. I will say it was tight getting all of the plugs in the hole though.

Back