DIY MH GT Reflectors

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
OK Guys I have a reflector design that doesn't infringe on any patents and I am willing to do a diy build at my place the latter part of Aug. To the first of Sep. Shoot me pm's for details. I have to work in Kentucky and finish Howard's build first then we can do the diy day.

Ok got five interested. If we can get 3 more for 6 more reflectors we can cut the cost down

minus the socket $20. Please keep in mind these are not pendant type reflectors they are made with 020 gauge aluminum. not .040 gauge like some of the pendants.

For $20, set me up for a pair (I assume $40).

Do you have sockets you recommend? And how soon would you have a date set? As of right now, I'm free any weekend that is 3 weeks away or more.

I'm in. What will be the dimensions for this. Can it be made into a hanging type. Not looking at having a canopy on the ol frag tank.

roundman;539144 wrote: I'm in. What will be the dimensions for this. Can it be made into a hanging type. Not looking at having a canopy on the ol frag tank.

They probably can. They are not show quality!

David, will the participants need to buy raw materials ahead of time, or pay you for them, or what? I will need to make 3 reflectors; I have five sockets already.
If anyone who is doing this needs a socket I'll make sure all of mine are in good shape, and if so I'll have an extra couple of them.

I think I have at least one socket (stainless steel, real nice) I can donate to the cause...

I will handle getting the reflective sheets as soon as I know exactly how many are to be built. The sockets are something everyone can get their self. The type depends on how you are going to mount them This Reflectors we are making will not have a means of mounting the socket. that can be added later but we will only drill the holes for the sockets. Like I said these are not pendant style . I planned on the sockets mounting to the canopy or whatever one was planning on mounting the reflector to.

Back