DIY Reflector

rbredding

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone locally done this?

I've just purchased some "skylight extension" aluminum sheeting and I'm going to give it a try... (stuff is BRIGHT!)

Just curious...

I've heard of people.using metal flashing before like what goes around roof chimneys

I would get in contact with Grouper Therapy. He's the man for that. I know he has made them for people. He may be able to help you out.

Acroholic;582914 wrote: I would get in contact with Grouper Therapy. He's the man for that. I know he has made them for people. He may be able to help you out.
+1. I think he also did a workshop for DIY reflectors.

I built a couple a few months ago. Getting the right bends and rivets in place is tricky, but a rewarding DIY IMO. Also, better the tools, better the reflectors...

Acroholic;582914 wrote: I would get in contact with Grouper Therapy. He's the man for that. I know he has made them for people. He may be able to help you out.
+alot and Eric B. 2 guys that can help out alot and do.

Toph;582907 wrote: Isn't that solar tube extension stuff just HVAC vent tubing?
maybe some of it is.. but the box that I bought at Lowes was the real stuff... it seemed to be the same material that the reflectors in my T5 fixture in the kitchen are made of..

I'll send grouper a PM.. thanks y'all..

I made my own. Got the material to make it from Home Depot. Took a while to cut, bend and rivit but it was a fun project.

26.jpg
alt="" />
5.jpg
alt="" />

Back