Do you strain your frozen foods?

civics14;1086576 wrote: oh... and back to the food, no i don't rinse my food, i'm too lazy to do that... ;)

That.

We used to make 'soup'. Mix up a variety of foods in some RO water. Add vitamins etc., let it sit for a bit (marinate?), and used a turkey baster to feed all our systems. Everything from the 1000 gallon tank, to the nano.

I think general over-feeding is more of an issue, than rinsing versus not rinsing when it comes to excess nutrient problems.

Use a high quality food like LRS and it's not a concern.

Jenn

JennM;1086948 wrote:
I think general over-feeding is more of an issue, than rinsing versus not rinsing when it comes to excess nutrient problems.

Use a high quality food like LRS and it's not a concern.

Jenn

this is pretty much my opinion as well. and while i dont like throwing a whole cube in without rinsing or straining im too lazy to actually strain anything. but i feed larrys for frozen so theres not really a need to rinse it. and some (if not all) versions of larry's come with tiny particals for coral food and probiotics as well so if you rinse or strain it you might lose some of the benefits it provides

wrasses generally speaking like a variety of shrimp; not necessarily a variety of seafood.

My wrasses get 4-10 different types of shrimp (including PE mysis cubes, PE mysis blocks, Hakari mysis shrimp, gamma blaster mysis, plus mosquito larvae, live blackworms, etc, all rinsed in RO/DI, divided up then I add S.E.L.C.O. Boost which is 1 billion times better than garlic and vitachem...

Back