Does anyone have an octopus?

ga-peaches72

Market
Reaction score
My friend has a 75 gallon tank and looking to get one. He knows that the top has to be escape proof but any thing else we need to know?

Cephlopods can be kinda sensitive. Def. due your research first!! a good site is TONMO.com.

PLEASE do you research first. There are several kinds available and one of the biggest problems is feeding. Believe it or not. It gets extremely expensive because they eat a lot. And there are many other variables with these guys. Like Jade said. Tonmo is and awesome site with tons of info. Best of luck.

escape proof is an understatement. It will have to be locked and sealed. They have incredible strength, and wiull lift galss tops or screening. And if their beak can fit through it, which in a small octopus is smaller than a pea, they are out and gone. Very short lifespans, and more or less no other occupants. amazing creatures though.

I'd reccomend a blue ring. They loved to be hand fed, like puppies!

Kids, don't try this at home.

Yeah they are amazing animals but paying so much for something that generally has a life span of a year....and that's if it doesn't carpet slosh first.

I remeber reading somewhere some silly octopus expert (why cant I be that?!) said "if you get bit by a blue ring, you WILL die". Scary stuff.

Back