Does Anyone Know Anything About This Light?

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my light on my 30 gallon to this. http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=CU01076">http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=CU01076</a>

Does anyone know anything about it? Do you think this is too much lighting? I would get the 250 Watt Model.

Thanks,
Bryan

That a great light. I have 1 on my 75GL and loving it. Too bad my only come with 150MH

#30 cheaper here
a>

i want one of those too ...............i have to stop looking at these forms or my baby to come will end up living in a fish tank lol

that thing does not have individual reflectors... but then why do you need individual reflectors when you have 2 250MH?

Yeah thats true but, I don't know why they say each bulb is surrounded by a reflector.

Man thats a lot of light for a 30 Gal. 10+ watts per Gal. If you just get one 250 MH

He doesn't have to worry about anything lurking in the shadows

that price is a bit high for a 36'', but it does but out enough light to supply your whole living room. Why not just get a single 400W? I doubt you will ever need the actinics.

My tank evaps 4 gallons a day when all the lids are off...

wouldnt the problem with halides like that on a 36" tank (typically a 30) be that the lights would produce too much heat for the water?

The fixture comes with mounting brackets that probably holds the lights about 5" off the water.....is that enough?

I mean in you suspend the halides then you can give yourself more clearance off the water but with brackets......it makes me woner.

any thoughts?

I guess you could get a chiller but I'd have a hard time buying a chiller for a 30 gallon tank.

At any rate though, those halides are at a great price!

Maroons16;40918 wrote: I think I am going to go with the Aqua Traders. That is an amazing price!

Send GordoB a PM about this fixture. He may have some picks of it up an running for you to see also.

Is the aqua traders light A JEBO? Have they changed the switching?

Back