Dosing Kalk in ATO

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I've dosed Kalk with an ATO (aqua lifter) into my sump for over a year. I’ve had no problems with the ATO pump but I’ve had tons on scale on my skimmer, return pump and just about everything in the sump. Without frequent cleaning the buildup would cause equipment to stop working. When I drip into a high flow area in tank I have no problems. </span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">-Nick</span></span>

Fishdude;1057934 wrote: <span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I've dosed Kalk with an ATO (aqua lifter) into my sump for over a year. I’ve had no problems with the ATO pump but I’ve had tons on scale on my skimmer, return pump and just about everything in the sump. Without frequent cleaning the buildup would cause equipment to stop working. When I drip into a high flow area in tank I have no problems. </span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">-Nick</span></span>

I run my ATO into the filter sock. Just an idea :up:

This is something that worries me about dosing in the ATO...the evaporation rate, especially as we approach winter and having the heater on. I might go to the drip route for kalk or fire up my two BRS dosers to dose Ca and Alk. I would have more control then.

I have a 30G ATO container that is use BRS kalk. It at the most saturated levels. I add the water in the container and mix it within, let it settle and begin to use it in conjuction with my float switch/controller. It is all controlled through my RKE that will auto trigger off if my PH gets too high. My PH would rise if my float switch failed on and started dumping the kalk water in my tank which in turn would raise the PH rapidly. I used a maxi jet 1200 that has worked great. When it gets empty I suck out the old kalk and replace with new water/kalk. Kalk is beneficial for me because it balances out my parameters and prevent me from having to use as much of my 3 part. It has its risk but if used properly and having redundancies setup, it can be of great use.

picture
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1058081=64960-IMG_2142.jpg
>
1058081=64960-IMG_2142.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_2142.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back