Dosing output: in or out?

tonymission

Market
Reaction score
My ALK tube keeps getting clogged up on the end and I have to pinch it-- ahem -- off...

Did a little research and that can be from a little water on the ends maybe from sump rising during water changes. Also read some people have their tubes submerged in the sump.

Might seem trivial but wondering if the output of your two part tubes are submerged or above the sump water level. I just changed mine to submerged, trying to avoid this problem.

Mine are above the water line also. I've had to do the pinch thing a couple of times but I'm under my tank 2-4 times a day checking everything so no biggie....is that OCD my wife says it is. I just call it precautionary love

Tony I had the same issue. Myreefclub007 was over and pointed it out. My tubes were curling towards the side of the sump and most likely too low as well. I used Weldon 16 and glued another line holder lower inside the sump (it never touches water) and haven't had a single clog or buildup since.

In the picture you can see the buildup on the back wall of the sump. I just haven't got around to cleaning it. Lol

<a href="http://"
IMAG5733.jpg
/></a>"&gt;
IMAG5733.jpg
alt="" /></a></a>

My experiment failed already. Submerged tube just has the bottom 6-7" already solid white in there after a few hours. Squeezed it and the solid came out. Not sure what these guys were saying that they leave it submerged. Maybe not much of a discussion here.

Bcavalli;998728 wrote: Tony I had the same issue. Myreefclub007 was over and pointed it out. My tubes were curling towards the side of the sump and most likely too low as well. I used Weldon 16 and glued another line holder lower inside the sump (it never touches water) and haven't had a single clog or buildup since.

In the picture you can see the buildup on the back wall of the sump. I just haven't got around to cleaning it. Lol

&lt;a href=&quot;http://
IMAG5733.jpg
alt="/" />"&gt; alt="" /></a></a>

That's smart. I was having the same issue with the curling and build up on sump wall. I have one clamp on holder and one magnet holder (somewhere) so I should be able to make that work.

Back