Dosing Vitamin C?

jrhunter0000

Market
Reaction score
Anyone here dose Vitamin c for zoas? Been reading articles and wanted to get some input before i bought some. What brand are you using? buffered or non buffered? Get nutrition and growth from it?

I read some of the articles and posts as well. I think it is unnecessary or not justifiable that it works. IMO you can get accelerated growth from just feeding and amino acids.

MarquiseO;990027 wrote: I read some of the articles and posts as well. I think it is unnecessary or not justifiable that it works. IMO you can get accelerated growth from just feeding and amino acids.

Yea i dose fuel now. and had good luck.

My zoas haven't melted since.
a>

franciscosalazar;990041 wrote: My zoas haven't melted since.
http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/vitamarinc.php">http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/vitamarinc.php</a>[/QUOTE]

Has your husbandry improved?

Tried it a while back on two tanks. Saw zero difference aside from bacterial blooms(its basically carbon dosing) over 6 months and stopped.

My ZOES are the slowest growing things. I struggle with a balance between happy acros and happy zoes. Seems like I may have TO clean a water for them to trive. I haven't has a melt down in a long time but growth is extremely slow. It sux because I really like the color they bring to a tank.

I can tell you this from experience. Whatever you decide on dosing Vit C.....DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR SKIMMER WHILE DOSING!!!!!! I can not stress that enough. Vit C will bond with the Oxygen molecules in the water and your living creatures...fish, shrimp, etc will suffocate. I found this out the hard way.

porpoiseaquatics;990190 wrote: I can tell you this from experience. Whatever you decide on dosing Vit C.....DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR SKIMMER WHILE DOSING!!!!!! I can not stress that enough. Vit C will bond with the Oxygen molecules in the water and your living creatures...fish, shrimp, etc will suffocate. I found this out the hard way.

Good info thanks :)

Back