Dragonet in a (larger) Nano: CAN it be done?

I don't think the tank size is as important as the porosity of LR and food supply with-in a fuge. I don't know how fast they reproduce but everytime I do a WC, I lose millions, well...lots anyways. This is just my experience but I had one after having my tank up and running for a month. I used old sand and rock but I had Chris Holloway helping me set everything up.

I got very lucky with mine.

I was having a bad day. A dark day. A staring-up-from-pit-of-despair-only-to-see-more-despair-falling-on-me day. I stopped at a Petco to get some emergency cat litter. I walked by the fish, and a sad little mandarin in his own pit of despair stared back at me. And I couldn't leave him.

I knew it was wrong, and I told myself it was wrong, but somehow I walked out with him anyway.

Wonder of wonders, he snatches up mysis like it's candy :). Had him for well over 6 months now.

hhughes;663245 wrote: I got very lucky with mine.

I was having a bad day. A dark day. A staring-up-from-pit-of-despair-only-to-see-more-despair-falling-on-me day. I stopped at a Petco to get some emergency cat litter. I walked by the fish, and a sad little mandarin in his own pit of despair stared back at me. And I couldn't leave him.

I knew it was wrong, and I told myself it was wrong, but somehow I walked out with him anyway.

Wonder of wonders, he snatches up mysis like it's candy :). Had him for well over 6 months now.

Y'all are just wrong. I had myself completely convinced that I had to skip on the little buggers until I got a larger tank and you guys keep tempting me. I may even be ordering the fuge basket for my BC to grow some supplemental pods. In any case it would still probably be one of the last fish I add. Just something about the fish screams don't try it till you have at least a little clue as to what you're doing. Might be a good Christmas present though.....

Back