Dream 525 gallon peninsula display with large fish room.

Sorry to hear that. Does sound like your on your way to a scope :(
I had Osgood–Schlatter in that knee growing up so if it has to be scoped I'll see if he can clean the calcium deposit off the PCL while they're in there. Glass half full, right?
This Dr also does shoulders, gonna have him take a look at them too.

Dang, sorry to hear. I'm assuming pain is worst cause of swelling?
Yea, and my dumb ass went into work without an ice pack. Got a really good brace from a neighbor but I'm going to have to get something cold on it soon.

So I've got a torn meniscus and I'll find out more about what's next on Monday. It's been feeling better the last couple days but I'm trying hard not to push it too far.

Justin came over today and he helped me get the coral QT's outside so I could clean them. He also hit the scrap pile at the new house going I was across the street. I also went over there with a couple neighbors and hit it again. Think I've got enough 2x boards to make the stands for the tanks I going in the fish room.

I also got the ro storage tank ready and I'm making water for the 1st time! There were some hiccups with it but Justin helped me fix the leaks and all is good so far. The water pressure from the street is nuts here, somewhere between 110 & 120psi. I'm getting very close to a 1:1 return from the membranes. In 4hrs there's already almost 70 gallons of filtered water!

Tomorrow I'll have the coral QT's up and running. So maybe I get get some corals in them this week.

Water from the street? Are you not tying I to the house for RODI as the should be a PRV set about 65 psi. Just don't want to see you want up with plumbing problems in the house.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Water from the street? Are you not tying I to the house for RODI as the should be a PRV set about 65 psi. Just don't want to see you want up with plumbing problems in the house.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I tap in for the rodi just before PRV to use street pressure. RO membranes love pressure. Didn't expect it to be over 100 though. I can drop the pressure to the unit by closing the valve I put in and I'm going to experiment with it today and see what happens when I drop it and the system shuts off. I may need to do something else if it goes up.

Turns out the builder set the PRV to 40psi, it's now between 55 & 60 ;)

So I spent today finishing the mixing station plumbing. I've got enough done that I can mix up a batch of water this week. I was going to flush the lines and open up the salt tank so I could let the ro unit run all night. But in the end my knee said enough is enough for one day. When I get home tomorrow I'll get the pvc flushed outside and let the ro run again.

I also have a PRV coming Tuesday. It's designed for ro systems and has 1/4" push connections. It'll let me set the pressure at 90 psi.

Here's a couple pics. It's a bit of a mess but at least there's progress.
signal-2020-08-30-202258.jpg
signal-2020-08-30-202236.jpg

So the procedure is set for next Wednesday the ninth. Glad it's happening fast so I can get it behind me. The PA drained it today too, can't believe she got almost 30cc's out of there.

I did go down and flush all the lines tonight and finished the leak testing. Going to let the ro run all night.
20200831_192306.jpg

20200831_192249.jpg

There will be lines run to the ATO's and sumps once I know where they will be placed.

It's finally taking shape! I think your injury has played to your favor. Made you slow down which has given you more time to think through your process! Looking good bubba!

I had the procedure on my knee Wednesday the 9th. Sitting around not doing anything is killing me. I want to get down there and do something but it's not in the cards yet. Not sure how long I'm going to be sidelined. :(

Progress has been pretty limited the last couple weeks since the knee surgery. Between @jcook54 @Steve Burton & @spike coming over to help all of the stands for the frag & QT systems are just about done. Waiting on another non reef buddy to get me one more piece of plywood to finish the last stand then I'll seal them all. I'm also going to be getting the last trough this week. Once all of that is done we'll start playing around with the layout of the tank placement in the room. Then we can figure out the best way to hang the lights without making a mess of the ceiling tiles.

Speaking of the lights, I got a delivery of led's and a few 120 degree lenses. I'm going to get the soldering iron warmed up soon and start improving all the black boxes I have. I'm going to pull several of the whites in them and add more 420nm & 450nm to the SB lights as well as removing the greens and replacing them with 490nm. The other boxes I have will get the same treatment plus adding true UV in the 395-410nm range. The goal is to get the 2nd channel usable at the same power as the 1st channel so there's less waste. Why have a channel that is always turned way down or off?

One of the last things I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do for the counter and cabinets. Then it's time to start the plumbing on the display!
Anyone have any economical ideas for the counter? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

@scottw & @brandonmason either of you guys ever gonna make it over here to give me some pointers on the room layout?

I've got to make a trip to Jefferson on Thursday morning. I'd you're around then

Progress has been pretty limited the last couple weeks since the knee surgery. Between @jcook54 @Steve Burton & @spike coming over to help all of the stands for the frag & QT systems are just about done. Waiting on another non reef buddy to get me one more piece of plywood to finish the last stand then I'll seal them all. I'm also going to be getting the last trough this week. Once all of that is done we'll start playing around with the layout of the tank placement in the room. Then we can figure out the best way to hang the lights without making a mess of the ceiling tiles.

Speaking of the lights, I got a delivery of led's and a few 120 degree lenses. I'm going to get the soldering iron warmed up soon and start improving all the black boxes I have. I'm going to pull several of the whites in them and add more 420nm & 450nm to the SB lights as well as removing the greens and replacing them with 490nm. The other boxes I have will get the same treatment plus adding true UV in the 395-410nm range. The goal is to get the 2nd channel usable at the same power as the 1st channel so there's less waste. Why have a channel that is always turned way down or off?

One of the last things I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do for the counter and cabinets. Then it's time to start the plumbing on the display!
Anyone have any economical ideas for the counter? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

@scottw & @brandonmason either of you guys ever gonna make it over here to give me some pointers on the room layout?

Yes sir.

As the knee has started getting better I've been trying to do some of the low impact stuff that I can get done and sit down a lot. This was a perfect time to get going on the closed loop and drain lines.

This is getting the tank lines and pumps connected while I planned out the rest of the piping.
signal-2020-10-10-114747.jpg

I didn't take a bunch of pics as I put it all together
Here it is pretty much done.
20201013_194120.jpg
20201013_194205.jpg

Finally I found some serving trays that were low enough profile to go under the pumps and clear the intake pipes. They will catch the water that drains out went the pumps get pulled for cleaning.
20201018_111337.jpg

Lastly a quick shot in the overflow box.
20201018_111400.jpg

Now I'm trying to figure out how to run the drain lines through the wall and connect to the sump. This next step has been difficult to wrap my mind around. The sump inputs and outputs from the overflow are perpendicular to one another and I want to do the job as a clean and simple as I can.

Back