Dust?

kirru

Market
Reaction score
I have a whiteish hazy cloud in the display part of the 40 breeder set-up i have just started. I have had it running for about 3 days now and the water has micro bubbles(don't mind them) and it has what looks like dust. water dust? anyway, I can see it accumulating on the glass and on the rocks as well as the two power heads plus the return pump outlet.

it doesn't appear to be in the sump, nothing is in the sump so for now it is for added volume.

what is it or do you think it is? what should I do to fix it?
There is nothing in the tank besides some sand and about 4 pieces of rocks of various size and shape and weight. I'm not sure what to do now.

I'd like to get this taken care of before I start adding my live stock from the 10g.

Thanks!

It's probably either "dust" from sand, microbubbles, or calcium precipitating out. If it's one of the first two, it's nothing to worry about. If it's the latter, add about 1/4 cup of vinegar and wait a couple hours.

Did you wash the sand thoroughly? Even if you did, there's going to be some dust from it. Give it a few days and see if the water clears up.

thats what I thought it is but the sand isn't really disturbed that much and it has been running since sunday but, I will get a micron filter just to see how well it will clean.

Thanks.

George;279962 wrote: Did you wash the sand thoroughly? Even if you did, there's going to be some dust from it. Give it a few days and see if the water clears up.

Your fast. lol

I'll give it till next sunday to be sure.

Back