dying sps

jamescook;202238 wrote:
calcium at 15 drops on the api test

That's only 300ppm. Each drop = 20ppm of calcium.

Below 380ppm there aren't enough ions of calcium in the water to be useful to coral. Your dKH of 12 may be the reason your Ca is that low. Check your magnesium and maintain it at a level of 1300ppm to be able maintain proper calcium and carbonate levels.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php">http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php</a>

your calcium should be at least 350 or so.

thanks yall
being in transition it is hard to be truly scientific about it all. just sux to watch one die in 24 hrs right next ot one that looks perfect. i mean, i just look at my tank and do what i think it needs. i work here, so i'm always nearby and try to keep parameters perfect...
well got a big a$$ calc reactor and skimmer for the next generation. hope i have some millies to grow like weeds!

dawgdude;202352 wrote: You and I seem to be SPS junkies and love to figure out how to get stuff optimal so we need to have a chat next meeting and share some ideas. Ive only lost one birds nest and it was WAY gone when I got it.

sounds good!

It has been happening to me also. Lost my beautiful Sunset Milli Colony I got from Rit. RTN'd in less than 2 days. I also am losing/lost my Pink Milli Colony. I frag'd it yesturday but won't know for a few days if they make it. Seems to be a milli massacre!

well, that one is gone and it looks like the little one below is next. but notice the top right corner. these millies look awesome...before they die
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
202422=12127-anothermillie.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
202422=12127-anothermillie.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="anothermillie.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Dont feel bad I have lost four in the last month for no appearent reason. There is a reason that SPS is a more advanced coral. They can die for no reason at all.

Back