Easy ato syphon Fix

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
In view of my recent failure here is how you avoid it.
e165977d7a755bcd8616d9965aa5fae5.jpg

Looks like a white Christmas in there :/
For some reason the tunze doesn’t use standard tuning so you gotta figure out how to make it work:)
ff7241f9fbca5e20e96147d847094704.jpg

Stick it in the pump
Then get ahold of a T
Line in on bottom line out the side vent out the top
Done
18d3072599061af30a33a3c2325aaa0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It's simple things like this that drive me nuts. I frequently find myself smacking my forehead and saying "Why did I think of that!?!?"

(I'm really holding on of making any sort of snow in snowmansnow's tank jokes until everything clears up. )

Also it’s suppose to be FIX not FOX ha

Well crap it just shoots out the top of the syphon ha...
I’m just gonna have to bandaid this for a few days leaving for kids camp tomorrow w church group . Geez I gen it rains it pours

The Neptune ATK comes with a union with a hole drilled in it to be placed just below the maximum water line in the reservoir. I'd imagine you could do something similar by poking a small hole in the line above the water surface in the reservoir. It should act as a siphon break and have the water that comes out during pumping fall back into the reservoir.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe use something small like a thumbtack or the smallest drill bit you have.

Been a rough 2 days in reefing... anticipating a complete restart. I hope not

Good luck. I hope it pulls through. I had a complete tank crash last year and it really really sucks. Almost made me give up. It sounds like you're doing everything you can.

It's been a while since I setup my tank, but I think I remember the output just needing to be above the waterline of the ATO container. So what if you have the output up high and have it funnel down into a another loose tube or pipe?

It's been a while since I setup my tank, but I think I remember the output just needing to be above the waterline of the ATO container. So what if you have the output up high and have it funnel down into a another loose tube or pipe?

I’ve got it now. The frustrating part is I knew better. I’ve been doing it for 16 years .... just got in a hurry . It’s fixed now

Back