Emergency - ARC member losing 240 crack

scottw

CoralsbyDesign.com
Sponsor
Supporting
Reaction score
I got the dreaded call from a buddy. He left town and is 10 hours away. His daughter called him and said there was a leak he called me. I’m here now.

Has about 20-25 adult fish and 30-40 corals.

does anyone know of emergency after hour aquarium support?

my 300 isn’t ready for anything and my big frag tank was sold a couple weeks ago. Trying to help a buddy out. The bottom of the tank is going to go any minute.

anyone have room to hold big fish and some corals?

I can help to hold a few small fish: gobies, clowns, small wrasses. I have a 20g with no fish now, only corals, so there’s no risk of any infections. But it does have a screen top, so there’s also no risk of jumpers in that tank.

Depending on the corals, I can probably help with a small amount of them too, in my other tanks... until there is a permanent solution.

Sending a PM now

Last edited:
I may also have an extra brute can (plus heaters and pumps), which could be a temporary storage tank for fish and corals.

I also have a 100g Rubbermaid stock tank I’m not using right now. I have room for fish in the DT but there’s no way to really get them back out. Could possibly house corals too

I also have a 100g Rubbermaid stock tank I’m not using right now. I have room for fish in the DT but there’s no way to really get them back out. Could possibly house corals too
Yeah, that’s the downside with reefs, and why I can’t offer my big reef... there’s no way to guarantee I’d be able to get the fish out.

I've got an empty 40 breeder/hang on filter
A 50 gal. low boy (2' x 4' x 10")
A black box led and 4x 24" T5's
pumps, heaters, salt, lots of egg crate, whatever else I may have it
...and I've got a pickup truck, near Canton/40 min away.

We have a 100g Rubbermaid and a couple totes in route. I think we will be good.

I can’t thank you all enough for the help. Troy is a great guy I feel terrible for him being 12 hours away and helpless. The tank has a crack and for sure will be empty by the am so you all don’t know how much this means to myself, Troy, and the animals!!

Hey everyone this is Troy and I am the guy that is out of town with the failing tank...I left for Texas this morning to tend to family emergency and of course got the dreaded call around 9 PM from my daughter.

A giant thank you to all of you who have offered assistance...it is truly appreciated. And of course a super shout out to Scott Whitlow for coming over and handling all of this for me I truly believe I would’ve had a completely failed tank on my living room floor, along with a lot of dead livestock, by the time morning rolled around had he not came to the rescue.

thank you again words cannot truly express my gratitude

A huge thank you to everyone that offered tanks and help in the middle of the night, and a special thank you to @Primereddime for bringing up the 100g Rubbermaid stock tank, tubs, buckets, and 29tall at 10:45 pm, you helped me save 25+ fish and many corals!

@Reefchef, thank you for dropping everything and driving over an hour to help me empty the tank, save all of the animals. You don’t know how thankful I am my friend!

we got all of the water out and moved the sand in the front and found the seal was giving away the entire front panel was going to go at any time!

This is exactly what the ARC is all about, we are in the middle of a pandemic and people still stepped up to help out. I can’t thank you all enough. I know Troy and his entire family were beyond thankful for our help.

Here is the final product. I was able to bring about 20 corals to my place to hold until he figures out his next steps. We finished by setting up an ato so all his wife or daughter has to do until he is back is fill the ato container it will run perfectly well until he is back.

539F9CC0-C9ED-4DE6-A515-B2909C6CA77E.jpegE4E7A3B9-C005-4C0B-B576-4F444B250708.jpegD6EB85B9-AC19-4587-988F-D78806D1FE2C.jpeg5D7CD980-4BA4-4D8A-A104-6BCFFC615EF6.jpeg

Where the droplet of water is, that is under the tank and where the seam started to split there were 3 more spots along the seam where it was starting to split.
1DCE725B-3820-4DA5-B21C-35E4798BF1AD.jpeg

Back