Emergency - ARC member losing 240 crack

Words cannot truly express my gratitude for what Scott Whitlow, Leon Butler and Jon Mabrey did in saving what could have been a huge disaster. Not only did they get the tank drained so it was safe for my family, they saved every fish and coral...staying until almost 2am.

I would also like to thank th rest of the ARC community that reached out to offer assistance. I had several people texting me just offering moral support while this was happening and trust me I needed it!

As gut wrenching as it was to be in Texas as this was happening I was actually able to sleep at some point knowing that everything was under control, the tank wasn’t going to blow up in the living room :) and that all of the livestock was saved.

You all are the best and I’m truly thankful.

Troy

PS: Tank is a Marineland purchased new in 2012. No issues until this one...

Words cannot truly express my gratitude for what Scott Whitlow, Leon Butler and Jon Mabrey did in saving what could have been a huge disaster. Not only did they get the tank drained so it was safe for my family, they saved every fish and coral...staying until almost 2am.

I would also like to thank th rest of the ARC community that reached out to offer assistance. I had several people texting me just offering moral support while this was happening and trust me I needed it!

As gut wrenching as it was to be in Texas as this was happening I was actually able to sleep at some point knowing that everything was under control, the tank wasn’t going to blow up in the living room :) and that all of the livestock was saved.

You all are the best and I’m truly thankful.

Troy

PS: Tank is a Marineland purchased new in 2012. No issues until this one...
Your welcome, as I explained to my wife last night lord forbid it happens to you but if it does you truly hope that you can call for help. Thats where the family and community of ARC comes into play. Im glad it all worked out and we were able to save all your live stock. Safe travels on your return and I hope you get back up and running soon.

A huge thank you to everyone that offered tanks and help in the middle of the night, and a special thank you to @Primereddime for bringing up the 100g Rubbermaid stock tank, tubs, buckets, and 29tall at 10:45 pm, you helped me save 25+ fish and many corals!

@Reefchef, thank you for dropping everything and driving over an hour to help me empty the tank, save all of the animals. You don’t know how thankful I am my friend!

we got all of the water out and moved the sand in the front and found the seal was giving away the entire front panel was going to go at any time!

This is exactly what the ARC is all about, we are in the middle of a pandemic and people still stepped up to help out. I can’t thank you all enough. I know Troy and his entire family were beyond thankful for our help.

Here is the final product. I was able to bring about 20 corals to my place to hold until he figures out his next steps. We finished by setting up an ato so all his wife or daughter has to do until he is back is fill the ato container it will run perfectly well until he is back.

View attachment 21736View attachment 21738View attachment 21739View attachment 21740

Where the droplet of water is, that is under the tank and where the seam started to split there were 3 more spots along the seam where it was starting to split.
View attachment 21741
Your welcome my friend, you have been a tremendous help to me on my journey in this crazy hobby so far!

Your welcome, as I explained to my wife last night lord forbid it happens to you but if it does you truly hope that you can call for help. Thats where the family and community of ARC comes into play. Im glad it all worked out and we were able to save all your live stock. Safe travels on your return and I hope you get back up and running soon.
Agreed I hope it never happens but if it does it's great to know there's a support system like we have here.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

So sad to see this and glad you all helped a fellow reefer. I’ll never trust a large Marineland tank ever, for this very reason. It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when with these poorly built tanks. Such a tragedy!

Back