Emergency!

triggerhappy8

Market
Reaction score
What do you do when your GBTA starts roaming? Is there any way to save your mounted SPS? Do you remove the anemone somehow? Is there any hope for the already treaded on casualties? Help? :sad:

I don't have a BTA, but I've had a couple of Condi's in the tank for a couple of months (don't ask--they'll be removed soon).

When they went on the move, I've been able to relocate either the corals in the vicinity or the anemone (if they're mobile, they're not really attached to anything). Those corals that they've been in contact with should recover if you don't let them stay in contact with the anemone for too long.

I had the same thing happen to me. I just beared and grinned it, theres not a whole lot you can do unless you wanna get rid of your nem.

ok i might be wrong here but i dont think its going to do that much damage i had my nem move and go right on top of my clam i couldnt move the clam cause it is attached to the rock so i let it be the clam is fine and the nem went else were but if its going to sit on top of your coral then its another story

triggerhappy8;102655 wrote: What do you do when your GBTA starts roaming? Is there any way to save your mounted SPS? Do you remove the anemone somehow? Is there any hope for the already treaded on casualties? Help? :sad:

Areas of sps that it stings may or may not turn white. That depends on how much it gets stung. If its a healthy coral though, its not a big deal as the area will grow back.

Can't really help you too much on coaxing the anemone around as mine have never really moved. I imagine you could try aiming a powerhead at it though to prevent it from moving in a certain direction. The perils of anemones and powerheads are legend of course though so be wary.

Victor626nj;102670 wrote: ok i might be wrong here but i dont think its going to do that much damage i had my nem move and go right on top of my clam i couldnt move the clam cause it is attached to the rock so i let it be the clam is fine and the nem went else were but if its going to sit on top of your coral then its another story

I'm with Victor on this one. My clam wore my anemone like a big wavy wig for two days when I first put it in the tank (lighting issues at the time, was not enough light in the tank temporarily).

If he's moving, that means hes not happy. Do you have a ledge built for him up under the brightest area of your tank? That seems to be where they are happiest.

<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Anemones move when they are unhappy. Did you do any changes in flow recently? </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Mine haven’t move much until it decided to split. I just kept relocating corals around it until I found the right configuration so the nem couldn’t hurt them.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">From what I’ve seen, corals recover. But then again, I didn’t let the nem touch them more then a day (at most). I hade some mili and pocillopora stung but the next day they were all open and happy.</span></span>

It was on the highest ledge and is actually moving down away from the light. I haven't changed anything. This morning he seems to have picked the place my pink birdnest colony was and stopped. That is lucky because that coral is mounted on a smallish rock by itself and was easily moved. Maybe it is getting close to splitting and that is why it moved to a higher flow area? It has almost tripled in size since I have gotten it.

I would not move my corals unless he stays in that spot cause your likely to cause more damage to the corals by shcking it from moving it ......let nature take it corse

Back