End of reefing

Just more government and spending.
America COMPETES is aimed at advancing the left's domestic forever wars.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Which section of that bill says something about limiting fish and coral sales? I just skimmed through it and didn't see anything, but maybe I missed it.

Which section of that bill says something about limiting fish and coral sales? I just skimmed through it and didn't see anything, but maybe I missed it.
It looks mainly like a "spending and research" .. Ya know. The way to solve things is more government and throwing money at it

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

This has been thoroughly hashed over on the big forums like R2R. The Lacey Act (which this bill would refresh) is 120 years old - literally called The Lacey Act of 1900. So the basic concept of regulating importation of invasive wildlife has been around since our great great gandparents were reefing (LOL). From what I have seen, there is no genuine expectation that this bill is intended or expected to materially disrupt the hobbyist trade in traditional aquarium fishes. And I am not sure why anyone needs to take wild coral these days, anyway. They are so easily propagated in captivity (look at the livestock sale forum) and reefs are so clearly under stress.

And I am not sure why anyone needs to take wild coral these days, anyway.
To slap new names on identical existing strains with plausible deniability. Harvesting wild colonies should be ended.

Back