Eventually adding a new Clownfish

Gabridge83

Treasurer
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
We are unfortunately loosing our male clown fish to what we believe is a bacterial infection. We’ve been quarantining him treating with antibiotics and epsom salt but it’s not looking good. We will eventually want to get another one if he does pass of course after we make sure everyone else is healthy. My question is how do you introduce a new clownfish to a current female clownfish? These 2 have been a pair for awhile so I have no clue on how it would work out.

Also how do we ensure no one else has it? Everyone else appears healthy and has been eating. We are only assuming bacterial since he bloated and we already treated for parasites. For all we know he just had a deformity that caught up with him.

We are unfortunately loosing our male clown fish to what we believe is a bacterial infection. We’ve been quarantining him treating with antibiotics and epsom salt but it’s not looking good. We will eventually want to get another one if he does pass of course after we make sure everyone else is healthy. My question is how do you introduce a new clownfish to a current female clownfish? These 2 have been a pair for awhile so I have no clue on how it would work out.
Get a smaller clownfish. The smaller the better.

Get a smaller clownfish. The smaller the better.
Thanks! We had been looking at some to add to our other tank that are tiny compared to her and didn’t know what size we should get. The female is eating but her behavior has been off since we moved him out.

Back