Everyone wants to see pics

oldschool52

Market
Reaction score
Here are a few pics taken of some of our critters. We've had the Huma for about 2 1/2 months and clowns and pearlscale Butterfly for about 1 week.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
367300=17972-buterfly_trigger_clowns.jpg
>
367300=17972-buterfly_trigger_clowns.jpg
class="gc-images" title="buterfly_trigger_clowns.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
367300=17973-clown.jpg
>
367300=17973-clown.jpg
class="gc-images" title="clown.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
367300=17975-pearl_butterfly.jpg
>
367300=17975-pearl_butterfly.jpg
class="gc-images" title="pearl_butterfly.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
367300=17974-trigger.jpg
>
367300=17974-trigger.jpg
class="gc-images" title="trigger.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Here's another pic I forgot (the buddies)
367303=17976-clowns.jpg
>
367303=17976-clowns.jpg
class="gc-images" title="clowns.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Hooked Newbie;367380 wrote: Very nice! We need more pics of those Mandarins! :D

LOL, those Mandarins are so busy cleaning out the pods in the tank, they never sit still. I'll try to get a picture later today.

mysterybox;367499 wrote: very nice! That trigger is awesome!

He's really happy in that tank. Like a puppy, we call him to eat and he comes running to the top of the tank. Very cool fish that we got from a member breaking down his tank during a move.

It's a bi**h to get the mandarins to pose. Here is a picture (the best I could get at the moment) of my mandarin buddy in the 72. He's about 4+ inches. This is not one of the pair.
367508=18010-mandarin_top.jpg
>
367508=18010-mandarin_top.jpg
class="gc-images" title="mandarin_top.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Hooked Newbie;367380 wrote: Very nice! We need more pics of those Mandarins! :D

Well the male is hiding under the macro and wouldn't cooperate with photos, but here's the female. And, while I was at it, I got a picture of some of their tankmates.
367567=18013-firefish.jpg
>
367567=18013-firefish.jpg
class="gc-images" title="firefish.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
367567=18012-girl.jpg
>
367567=18012-girl.jpg
class="gc-images" title="girl.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Got to meet this motley crew yesterday:D Great folks......and super fat fish.

How do you sex a Mandarin? I have a really really nice FAT one that I got from Atlanta Reef (thanks Allan), just beautiful. But....I never really gave sex much thought.

ga_daisy;367573 wrote: How do you sex a Mandarin? I have a really really nice FAT one that I got from Atlanta Reef (thanks Allan), just beautiful. But....I never really gave sex much thought.

The male has a very tall first dorsal fin when he is displaying. The female's is very small.

ga_daisy;367573 wrote: How do you sex a Mandarin? I have a really really nice FAT one that I got from Atlanta Reef (thanks Allan), just beautiful. But....I never really gave sex much thought.

Here ya' go.....pictures of our male and female for you. Note the high dorsal fin on the male (1st picture). He finally came out of the macro algae for me to get a picture:
367680=18052-mandarin-female.jpg
>
367680=18052-mandarin-female.jpg
class="gc-images" title="mandarin-female.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
367680=18051-mandarin-male.jpg
>
367680=18051-mandarin-male.jpg
class="gc-images" title="mandarin-male.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Were did you guys get that butterfly. It's Awesome.
Chris c

myVWrock;367682 wrote: Were did you guys get that butterfly. It's Awesome.
Chris c

Marine Designs. Went in for live adult brine shrimp and came home with a fish.

Sweet, Yeah they have a nice store, the owner(forgot his name, on the tip of my tongue though) He is super cool.
Chris c

atreyu917;367690 wrote: That Butterfly is from the Red Sea, right? I always liked them, but never saw one in the stores i went to.

Very, very pretty. Been good to your corals so far?

If I remember correctly, it is a Red Sea fish. S/he isn't in a tank with corals - it's a FOWLR. All my research indicates they are likely to nip at any coral with polyps and are considered reef safe with caution.

She likes to feed on the sand, picking frozen mysis and blood worms. I've put in some of the small pellets, but haven't seen her take any....but.......she HATES me. When I come in the room, she hides. She swims around the tank when Dave is in the room, and when my daughter is in front of the tank taking pictures - but she bolts when she sees me.

myVWrock;367688 wrote: Sweet, Yeah they have a nice store, the owner(forgot his name, on the tip of my tongue though) He is super cool.
Chris c

Yeah, it's a nice store, but their prices are up there to pay for that "nice" environment. I think others say his name is Vince from The Fish Store and More? (Never met the owner, someone told me it was a woman?)

myVWrock;367701 wrote: maybe it was a partner or something that i met.

I really have no clue - all I've ever seen in there are a couple of young guys (who screw up the prices on my order EVERY time). Was supposed to get 20% discount on the butterfly and only got 10%. Didn't realize it until I got home. Grrrrrrrrr!

But they ALWAYS make good on it the next time I take in my receipt.

Back