Everyone wants to see pics

tokejr;367680 wrote: Here ya' go.....pictures of our male and female for you. Note the high dorsal fin on the male (1st picture). He finally came out of the macro algae for me to get a picture:

Thanks for the verification and pictures! Mine is a handsome male.....insane colors, fat and happy.

Glad to see the Mandarins are still kick'n and look happy. You have to get the male after the lights start to dim. If you have it set-up that way. I think he can make the reflection of himself out and he goes crazy flashing.

Here is a better picture of the females dorsal.
Hope you don't mind me posting it.

NEWAVA.jpg
alt="" />

Chemically_Balanced;369914 wrote: Glad to see the Mandarins are still kick'n and look happy. You have to get the male after the lights start to dim. If you have it set-up that way. I think he can make the reflection of himself out and he goes crazy flashing.

Here is a better picture of the females dorsal.
Hope you don't mind me posting it.

NEWAVA.jpg
alt="" />

I don't mind you posting the (great) picture at all.

The male just stays in the macro hunting pods. He's really fattened up nicely and they both appear to be eating tiny Spectrum pellets in addition to the pods. I say "appear" because I never see them eat them, but I have no other bottom feeders in the tank and the pellets are always gone.

As for seeing his reflection, the sides and back of the tank are so covered in algae, there's no reflection for him to see. The female, who stays closer to the front of the tank, fights with her reflection every time she sees it.

They really are quite the pair.

Back