experiment failed :(

could not really find out without suction cups so im going to order this one ill report back in the next few days to let you know how it works out once it comes tomorrow

isolation box

Fish is doing well in the QT my isolation box comes today so I guess next week I will attempt to reintroduce him to my DT with it
09335969e915ee005c4f1e41598c57d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

so the new clownfish has been in the isolation box since this morning when the lights came on after i got back home i noticed she stares at the the new fish from a distance goes up to the box bites at it then goes back posted a video below

Yah looking good. That's to be expected. At some point the female will stop attacking... assuming its a male in the box. :)

well she stopped trying to bite at him/her in the isolation box but she hovers around the box every once and while now and twitches is this good or bad?

The twitching is good. That's the clownfish way of indicating an intention to get along. Usually its done by the less dominant ones though so that's a bit peculiar that your resident fish is doing it... but nevertheless its still a positive sign. I think you'll be able to release the one in the box pretty soon.

Well im gonna take him back to the fish store tomorrow for credit after i released him early this morning everything was fine then the lights came on and she started to chase and attempt to bite his fins again so put him back into the hospital tank i will just try a really small one next time

Sorry they couldn’t work it out. I’d be concerned that. Smaller one would have worse results. With tomatoes I’ve had luck adding larger ones not a smaller one.

Sorry they couldn’t work it out. I’d be concerned that. Smaller one would have worse results. With tomatoes I’ve had luck adding larger ones not a smaller one.
ah im thinking i might just leave her alone and not get another it was really hard to get the fish out not trying to do that again anytime soon he was actually running from the net im like wtf im tryin to save you stay still lol

I'm thinking the new one is female or transitioning. Normally, its the male that does the lil twitching thing which shows subservience...

Back