Extremely fresh or even live seafood?

Some very interesting things that can be done without the HGH using this method. I think the pre-dose of aminos before the lights go out and the following dose of food after lights out is an important pattern.

Using a consistent feeding pattern like this "trains the corals" to recognize when it is time for food.

I have started to think of feeding in terms of...feed the fish when the lights are on and feed the corals when the lights are off.

The other important thing to note about this method is the strict removal of the filtration during the feeding of pappone for corals. I have been taking my skimmer cup off but leaving it running to keep oxygen levels up. Its just bubbling only.

I have also been removing my filter socks durring coral feedings so the flow through the whole system from overflow teeth all the way back to the return nozzles is not blocked.

So feeding the fish is with large particles with all the filter components in place (skimmer running and filter socks) etc. makes sense because the fish are capable of capturing the food. Taking the skimmer offline and removing mechanical filtration for a period of 8 hours or so allows the best chance for corals to feed when the pappone (or any coral food) is added to the tank.

I struck out on the mini ice cube trays. I checked at Target, Wal-mart, Linens n Things and the dollar store with no luck. In fact the only place that even had ice cube trays was Linens n Things but they were the normal cubes which I think are too big for this. :huh:

Took my wife about 30 seconds to find some online. She is quite the talented shopper. :lol2:

So my mini ice cube trays will be here some time next week and then I will hit the seafood markets next weekend to make my first batch of Pappone.

:doh: just go to the dollar store sam they have evrything i got like 2 at work will get them for you on monday

If you guys ever need live oyster, fish, shrimp, just let me know. I can get these things in my restaurant for a very good price. It is what I feed my corals and fish. If you would like some just give me a hollar and I'll make more for you during the next batch.

ouling;77578 wrote: If you guys ever need live oyster, fish, shrimp, just let me know. I can get these things in my restaurant for a very good price. It is what I feed my corals and fish. If you would like some just give me a hollar and I'll make more for you during the next batch.
I may take you up on this. Can you get the little feeder shrimp? Also, can you get completely unseasoned Masago or similarly small fish roe? I've searched high and low at Asian markets and it always has some kind of salt/seasoning in the ingredients which I'm hesitant to put in my tank.

masago comes seasoned with salts and sulfates on the wholesale level. Smallest shrimps that is still alive that I can get is 80/lb.

I can get krill at $5 per 1/2 lbs.

ouling;77578 wrote: If you guys ever need live oyster, fish, shrimp, just let me know. I can get these things in my restaurant for a very good price. It is what I feed my corals and fish. If you would like some just give me a hollar and I'll make more for you during the next batch.

Sending PM :yay:

Back