fiberglass driveway marker question

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
ok so i picked up a few driveway markers to use in my aquascape. i know to peel off the price tag and reflective tape but do i need to sand off the orange paint or is that safe to leave on? im assuming its probably perfectly fine to leave on but id rather ask and be right then to not ask and be wrong.

I tried the same and it left the goo on there. I got off as much as I could before using. Don't worry about the orange paint.

HiImSean;1036672 wrote: I tried the same and it left the goo on there. I got off as much as I could before using. Don't worry about the orange paint.

ok cool. ive got a can of acetone in the garage so ill use that to get all the goo off. thanks sean!

You could spray paint it black with a couple of coats of a know reef-safe paint like Krylon Fusion for Plastic.

The ones I got had the pigment impregnated into the fiberglass.

i think the ones i got were impregnated as well. the bottom was sanded to a point for easy "stabbing into the ground" action and the sanded area was orange as well.

hey thats a good thing. i dont need kids eating up all my money. i have a reef tank to build.

Interesting, mine were all white, no orange anything!
Of course a big RED reflector, but that looks cool with leds, haha

i saw ones like what you got debbie they had a couple different kinds when i went and i got one with out a reflector on top cause thats one less thing to remove and throw away.

Catgirl29;1036723 wrote: Ok - I'll bite. What the heck are you using it for?

To support the live rock so the rocks will not get knocked over and come tumbling down.

Catgirl29;1036723 wrote: Ok - I'll bite. What the heck are you using it for?

You drill holes in the Rock and secure with the rod to make Rock scapes that you like.
You can use putty ((JB Weld or hydraulic cement) to further secure and aestheticilly make natural in appearance :)

Back