fighting back

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
I'm at war with Aiptasia. And plan on winning at any cost.I have put in a matted file fisf.Love that little guy.Cool fish. He can eat what he wants, as long as he eats the bad guys.Also put in 20 peps.Like I said, I'm fighting back.

I have a peppermint shrimp in my tNk who I got when I had like 4 aptasia forever ago and never had ANY since if u want to come get him feel free to come by if u think u can catch him lol hes super fast but luckily for you i only have a 30 gallon biocube. But if you can catch him can keep him man! :)

Thanks, Im hoping I won't need him .If 20 peps can't get them stinging pest, might drain tank and use a blow torch. Lol.

ugh...I went almost 8 years without ever having to deal with it. I got some macro algae from someone that apparently had a bunch in it. My sump is now littered with them and i've seen a few start popping up in the DT. I'm buying some peps for the sump today.

Make sure that the shrimp will definitely eat aiptasia. Some shrimp will not even touch the stuff [aiptasia] as what I've read here on ARC.

Wannabee

Declanisadog;956360 wrote: ugh...I went almost 8 years without ever having to deal with it. I got some macro algae from someone that apparently had a bunch in it. My sump is now littered with them and i've seen a few start popping up in the DT. I'm buying some peps for the sump today.

WannabeeaReefKeeper;956364 wrote: Make sure that the shrimp will definitely eat aiptasia. Some shrimp will not even touch the stuff [aiptasia] as what I've read here on ARC.

Wannabee

precisely why i am starting them in the sump. I figure if a get a few that work out in there, I can easily transfer the ones i know are aptasia eaters to the DT. Also, I have a mystery wrasse who i am sure would love to snack on some wee little shrimps. I may just have to go the napalm route...we shall see

I went 7 or so yrs without any Aiptasia or hair algae. Now, its out of control.It sure strange that after I switch to led lighting is when the hair algae appeared.

I'm winning. YES.I really had hundreds of Aiptasia. Between 20 peps and my file fish "witch is the one who is eating them ." I'm down to about 20 big ones left.This is good.But I still have another battle.Its another story.HA

i also have Aiptasia in my tank and when i put peppermint shrimp in the tank my wrasse will eat then first before they even touch the Aiptasia and i have use the Aiptasia-x and it does not work so now i am thinking of getting the rocks out piece by piece into a 20 gallon tank with peppermint shrimps in it, hope that work. lol

The matted file fish is what helped me.Its been in there for about a month, and has not bothered any of my corals.

Just give him some time to get settled in.It might take a few weeks.About 90% of the matted file fish will eat Aiptasia, So that's good.So thats what I read in some research.

rodriguez;959706 wrote: i also have Aiptasia in my tank and when i put peppermint shrimp in the tank my wrasse will eat then first before they even touch the Aiptasia and i have use the Aiptasia-x and it does not work so now i am thinking of getting the rocks out piece by piece into a 20 gallon tank with peppermint shrimps in it, hope that work. lol

Use reef napalm! Follow instructions set back and forget about it. It has worked for me 100% of the time:up:

Just a warning. After all those peps finish the aptasia, they may very well be coming for corals next. I had a few stalks of aptasia in my tank so I added 2 peps. within a week all aptasia was gone and they and practically killed a few of my corals.

Just my two cents. Good Luck.

You are right.In my case, with that many pest, they would of killed a lot more coral then the peps would.They can eat my lps all they want, only have a few of them in there.My sps is what I'm protecting.And thanks for the heads up .

Back