Film on top of tank?

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
I've gotten a film on the top of the tank not sure what from also it seems to be dirty on top brown aswell? Any ideas how I can prevent and make this dissappear?

Dylan Ringwood;1032783 wrote: I've gotten a film on the top of the tank not sure what from also it seems to be dirty on top brown aswell? Any ideas how I can prevent and make this dissappear?
2f1a021426cdbed83d31ebc206a66934.jpg
alt="" />

Looks like you don't have any surface movement, Maybe try a water change or run some carbon if you aren't already.

Currently not running carbon. Think if I add another smaller power head to add some more movement more up top

Ok I just added another power head we shall see how much that helps problem is I don't have a sump on my 40 breeder best way to run carbon on a non drilled tank?

Declanisadog;1032794 wrote: I would do both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+ 1 on the two part solution. Carbon and water movement on the top will take care of your dilemma.

Wannabee

I would say a hob filter with carbon in it, even if it's just temporary.

Dylan Ringwood;1032797 wrote: Ok I just added another power head we shall see how much that helps problem is I don't have a sump on my 40 breeder best way to run carbon on a non drilled tank?
Buy a hang on the back filter and place carbon inside a filter bag. Just make sure you have some space in the filter to place the filter bag with carbon. Make sure you purchase a good quality carbon. Don't buy the cheap carbon.

Wannabee

If you're nearby flowery branch, Ga I have a bunch I would sell cheap

You can blot that off the surface using a paper towel. You still need to address the flow issue but you can blot what's there off, it will be kind of tricky to just blow it around, since it will just keep on floating to the top.

It's oily, yes? It's proteins and oils probably from fish food and waste. I used to have a problem with that in a nano I had if I over-filled it and there wasn't enough water movement at the surface.

It's not harmful per se, but it can inhibit gas exchange at the surface.

Jenn

Back