filter and flow

joetaylor569

Reaction score
i need something for filtering and water flow in the tank and would like to stay under $100 for each its a 46 bow front tank and im wanting to do mostly sps corals and a clam or 2 i was thinking like a mag 7 and a scwd pvc pipe set up like on melv's reef and have know iea about the filter yet

Yeah- this is going to be a tough one - esp. for SPS and clams. You're asking the equivalent of "what a $100 upgrade for my car so that I can compete on the Indy 500?"

A Mag 7 with a SCWD on a closed loop would work, although I think you're starting to push the limits of the SCWD, and realize they need to be cleaned often.

Filtration is another story. Assuming you have good quality live rock (and ~30-60 lbs of it), you'll want a good skimmer. This is a key area, and the phrase "buy cheap, buy twice" applies here- ask almost anyone on these forums. I'm sorry I don't have any recommendations - I don't know that range of skimmers very well.

ace has a terminator skimmer for 100 I'm sure that would be plenty of skimming for a 45

Back