Filter socks

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
For the life of me I cant remember the name if the company that supplies filter socks here in Atlanta? They shipped same day and they were high quality and cheap. I cant seem to find the thread where someone listed the company. Any ideas? Thank you!

Just found it. McCaster-Carr.com

FDA-Compliant Polypropylene Felt Filter Bag
4" Diameter x 8" Height

Particle Size, microns
Each
1-9 Each $4.69
10 or more $3.53
51595K81

Diameter 4"
Height 8"
Trade Size 3
Maximum Flow, gpm 25
Additional Specifications FDA-Compliant Polypropylene—Max. temp. is 200° F
Bag has a plastic flange.
Our most popular felt filter bags, use these in a housing to remove contaminants from liquids. All have a sewn seam. They have a metal retaining ring, unless noted.

Tear-resistant polyester bags are reinforced with a layer of polyester mesh.

Sales and Customer Service
(404) 346-7000
(404) 260-8080
Text
Fax
(404) 349-9091
Ventas y Servicio (Español)
(404) 349-2222
mailto:atl.ventas@mcmaster.com">atl.ventas@mcmaster.com</a>
Mail
P.O. Box 740100
Atlanta, GA 30374-0100
Street Address
6100 Fulton Industrial Blvd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30336-2853
Driving Directions
Will Call Hours
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm

That's for felt bags which are ok for polishing water but I wouldn't use them for continuous use. I prefer poly mesh bags for that. I bought the last batch for about $2.89 each in the 4" size. I think it was through http://www.filterbag.com">www.filterbag.com</a>. Super nice people to deal with. Only problem...they will want a minimum order quantity...something like 24 I think.

Generally people will buy from you if you buy the min.

Jeff, Thank you for the info. Just curious why you wouldn't use them on a regular basis as longth as they are being changed every other day?

You just illustrated the reason. I travel and need something that can go a couple more days without overflowing. The felt ones tend to clog quicker (especially the 100 micron) than the poly mesh filters. On top of that, the poly mesh is easier to clean than the felt.

I totally agree with you. Luckily for me its not an issue to change them daily if needs be. Once a week in a bleach wash and rinse then air dry for a day or so. Your circumstances are much different. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something simple. :)

Bcavalli;958046 wrote: I totally agree with you. Luckily for me its not an issue to change them daily if needs be. Once a week in a bleach wash and rinse then air dry for a day or so. Your circumstances are much different. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something simple. :)

Nope. Strictly for my convenience.

I learn so much here. I'm new to filter socks. I have felt and they overflow, because I change them every three or four days.

If you buy mesh socks, try to buy nylon socks and not polyester ones. The nylon socks are so much more durable than the poly ones. I use nylon, and you can spray bleach directly on them, leave them in a bucket with pure bleach on them for an hour, and rinse them off, and they last and last.

Acroholic;958066 wrote: If you buy mesh socks, try to buy nylon socks and not polyester ones. The nylon socks are so much more durable than the poly ones. I use nylon, and you can spray bleach directly on them, leave them in a bucket with pure bleach on them for an hour, and rinse them off, and they last and last.

+1 on that. I probably said poly but I meant nylon.

Hows that for fast service? I ordered from Mcaster-Carr at 11 am and received my order at 4:45. I must say thats the fastest delivery I have EVER experienced!

I ordered 100 micron bags and they look identical to the felt bags I've been using. I clearly fo not understand filter socks but I need to find some that won't clog every two to three days for vacation.

I'll have to try and order again. I thought I knew what I was doing based on this thread but what I got is clearly not what I intended to get.

Back