Finally... a new fish!!!

olds350racer

Market
Reaction score
Well, as I have mentioned to a few, I have a pseudochromis that is a mean SOB. He has taken out anything moving faster than a snail for the last 1.5-2 years. He originally took out 2 blue devils. Next I tried 3 velvet damsels... he took them all out before the night was over. A couple of months later... a yellow tang. I offically gave up after he took out a cleaner shrimp (in 5 minutes flat) a few months later.
So now, over a year later I decided to try one more time and... I think he's met his match... a new foxface (thanks Tim). The foxface has been in since Sunday and doing well. Now I just have to watch my corals for faxface damage :) , but at least I have more than 1 fish now!!!! :D

I keep telling you to yank that pseudo, but you're so loyal to it :). Glad you found something else besides that starfish to work for yah.

blind1993;115975 wrote: wow that mush be a mean fish to take out a yellow tang!
Yep. He's relentless in his attacks. He's even tried a couple times with foxface, but foxface gets pretty agressive in his "defense". Right now they are peacefully enjoying their separate sides of the tank.

FutureInterest;115977 wrote: I keep telling you to yank that pseudo, but you're so loyal to it :). Glad you found something else besides that starfish to work for yah.

lol... yeh, yeh :) You're far from the only one to suggest that, but he's been with me since the start. I didn't even realize "reef" tanks existed when I got him. I'm actually suprised the starfish didn't fall victim... but he's still doing great.

blind1993;115979 wrote: if the psuedo eats part of the foxface wont the psuedo die?

He tries, but he hasn't even come close. The psuedo throws on the brakes fast when the foxface's fin comes up. lol

Back