Finally got the tank down to FL

redstang

Market
Reaction score
As the title says, major achievement lol! Brought it down last night and today my 10yo son and I unloaded it with the help of furniture dollies and moving straps.

14f444194f54bb778e137a2215aa7d77.jpg
alt="" />

Also started filling up my 60 cube. This will allow me to get my 2 clowns and wrasse back from Nathan who has been fish sitting them for about 6 months now.

9517e4442cfcc1ded08147fc1c87412c.jpg
alt="" />

Still a long ways to go. I need to take out the corner overflows, leak test the tank, clean the tank, put in my modular marine overflow, cap off the 4 corner holes, and then get it all in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good, I know the feeling of moving and having folks foster livestock. Must feel great to start the process...

Lol! It's both. I'll move my LR over from the brute it's been living in since December. At least there are still snails alive. Noticed some other snail looking things too that I haven't seen before and need to figure out what they are.

As for the stores, I still haven't checked any out. Well, other than the Petco down the street. At least they have some emergency supplies there. At this point there's no reason to torture myself until I have a system truly up and running. Though I might need to run out tomorrow and pick up a mh bulb.

hzheng33;1081884 wrote: good to hear. so jealous. so many great stores in FL

Do you have a list of great stores you've been to? Could you post them here or create a new thread "Great stores in Florida"? I know of Bio Reef outside of Jacksonville? A must stop if your in the area.

Wannabee

HiImSean;1081918 wrote: Nice to hear from you Jason. What part of FL did you move to?

Hey Sean! Moving to Winter Garden. Almost Clermont.

Stopped by WWC since my son and I went to Sea World. I didn't feel like drilling holes in my new walls so I was planning on a 250w DE bulb. Unfortunately the ballast made a bad buzzing sound followed by an even louder buzz and the the bulb would go out.

Thankfully they also had Kessil goosenecks. Really nice store and really nice people. Only 20-25 minutes from the house too which is novel for me lol!

Did get my 60 fully back up and running. The room doesn't look pretty with wires going everywhere but it's functional and safe. Surprised by the number of snails still alive. The brute trash can has essentially just sat without water changes for 4-5 months.

7c8d27f52c2e3fad341fe68e4107331e.jpg
alt="" />

Many thanks to Nathan(Wildernet) for keeping my 3 favorite fish for me these last several months. I picked them up from him at about 6pm Thursday and we drove straight down to Florida. Didn't get in until 2am because I-75 was closed at Valdosta but the fish are doing great back in their old home.

Thanks Nathan!

Looking good Jason. I'll bet your having a great time living down there. I spent seven years in Orlando and I miss it.

Looks great. I'm sure they are stoked to have more room to swim around. Really cool fish. Didn't poop on the floor once.

Bcavalli;1083854 wrote: Looking good Jason. I'll bet your having a great time living down there. I spent seven years in Orlando and I miss it.

Thanks! I went to boot camp and some training in Orlando in my Navy days. It'll be a change but I think a positive one.

wildernet;1083863 wrote: Looks great. I'm sure they are stoked to have more room to swim around. Really cool fish. Didn't poop on the floor once.

Glad to hear they behaved themselves!

On another positive note, discovered some green Paly's on the rock I kept in a brute that whole time. Glad to see at least one coral survive.

Many thanks to Nathan(Wildernet) for keeping my 3 favorite fish for me these last several months. I picked them up from him at about 6pm Thursday and we drove straight down to Florida. Didn't get in until 2am because I-75 was closed at Valdosta but the fish are doing great back in their old home.

Thanks Nathan!

When in need, it's good to have a friend.

Sewer Urchin;1083919 wrote: When in need, it's good to have a friend.

Yes, yes it is. And this is twice Nathan has covered for me. He also went to my house once, on his birthday no less, to plug in power cords my dog unplugged while I was on vacation. Oh, AND he cleaned up 5 gallons of water because the same dog pulled the ATO line out! So twice now he's saved my fish for me!

Have made extremely slow progress. So slow I bought another skimmer for the 60 cube to tide me over lol! Tank has been moved to the back porch for leak testing. I need to make a quick 2x4 stand so I can leak test it, clean it, and drill it.

Put a utility sink in the garage yesterday. Now I can move my RODI out there.

d5996e187b1d7afd5a7d63061f927e18.jpg
alt="" />

Also got my sump built! Used a 40 breeder. Not a great silicone job. The glass panes were built with very little wiggle room and my hands are too blasted big to fit into tight spaces. Should have enlisted my daughters help. In any case, it's curing in the garage and I'll leak test it next weekend.

277000fd5704b9b47a357bee117d479b.jpg
alt="" />

And finally, got my 55gal water mixing drum cleaned out, leak tested, and tested the pump as well. Oh, and there is one more baffle in the sump that I put in after the pic.

Back