Fire Clowns

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
115450.jpg
alt="" />

Does anyone here have experience with http://www.petsolutions.com/Fire-Clownfish+I115450L+C16218.aspx">these</a>?

First of all, thanks to Tim for getting these for me. They seem to be very healthy and are doing well in their Q/T.

I have a couple questions for anyone with personal experience, as I'm reading conflicting information on the 'Net.

1 - [B]coloring[/B] - how long it takes them to get their *look*. I'm still waiting for mine to lose their white stripes.

2 - [B]pairing[/B] - how difficult is it for this particular clown? Mine don't get along very well. Some sources I read say they're fine in pairs, others say it's best to have just one per tank.

ummm stripes? i bought mine as juvies and they had no stripes. as for color it takes them till they are in adult hood to reach such awsome colors. good luck on pairing them mine fought every day till i had my tank wipe out

Zanski;142438 wrote: White stripes? Are you sure they are not Tomato clown's?

website for which I posted the link says:

petsolutions.com wrote: "Small Fire Clownfish will have a white band across the head that disappears with age."

I've read that at other sites also.

The smaller of my two has just about lost its white stripe. The larger has a slightly different body shape and a big, bright white stripe.

This is the color I want:

226_fireclown1.jpg
alt="" />

ORA says this about them:

ORA wrote: "The Fire Clownfish is another member of the tomato complex. Although juveniles have white lines on their heads, the adults completely lack a head bar. As they mature these fish develop a dark patch on each side of the body.

Fire Clowns are bold fish that rarely tolerate others invading their home territory or anemone. They are extremely hardy and reach a maximum size of around 4 inches when full grown."

Pasties may help get the males attention. Maybe a lil lace. Unless he's into bondage. Like country and rock n roll. I'm set I couldn't help myself. LINDA. Watch me today. I need you to take pic of 2000th post. I'm on blackbert and I know I gotya be close. Won't be near pc all day

Neither of mine ever had a stripe, so I can't help you there. I am trying to pair my mature female with a small, hopefully male I got from Tim. So far, she is keeping the new guy in the corner of the tank. He found a spot so small that she can't reach him... He is eating so all is good. I made the mistake of putting her in my main display. She relentlessly picked on the other clown pair until I got her out. I would never put one with another clown of any type.

Schwaggs;142473 wrote: Neither of mine ever had a stripe, so I can't help you there. I am trying to pair my mature female with a small, hopefully male I got from Tim. So far, she is keeping the new guy in the corner of the tank. He found a spot so small that she can't reach him... He is eating so all is good. I made the mistake of putting her in my main display. She relentlessly picked on the other clown pair until I got her out. I would never put one with another clown of any type.

I'd love to see pictures!

see you should have gotten my darwin "pair " they are always together ...jk they are very pretty fish you got but they get big also and are mean as hell good luck in pairing them up try keeping them together as much as possible hopefully they will get along some time

Victor626nj;142532 wrote: see you should have gotten my darwin "pair " they are always together ...jk they are very pretty fish you got but they get big also and are mean as hell good luck in pairing them up try keeping them together as much as possible hopefully they will get along some time

They're not going into the display. They'll stay in the QT. If the stripes don't go away, the I don't have fire clowns and I'll be knocking at your door....

Back