fish aggression

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
so added a blueside fairy wrasse into my display last night from QT this morning when the lights turn on hes swimming with the rest of the fish then all of a sudden the tomato clownfish start chasing him relentlessly and pinning him down into a corner anytime he leaves the corner they chase him and try to nip him then it starts all over again this continued for a few hours i was able to net the fish out and put him back into QT. up until this point the clownfish have been model citizens and they have never attacked a new arrival like this before especially the male, the female used to chase the rabbit fish from her anemone area but she even stopped doing that. So im gonna break out the acclimation box and give this another try any other suggestions? even the square anthias thats transition to a male was chasin him a little as well as the chocolate tang maybe they all just dont like the new guy lol

i had a yellow coris i was gonna add with him but the yellow coris died in QT early on it didn't ship well died like 3 days after would maybe adding 2 wrasses together lesson the aggression if the acclimation box doesn't work?IMG_20200823_190824.jpg

Tomato clowns have always been a**holes in my experience. It sucks because they have always been one of my favorites.

Back