Fish does 2 big jumps and dies

hhv00586

Market
Reaction score
Strange event just occurred.

I large fish just jumped high out of the water. The loud splash made we turn and look and as i did he jumped high again.

He then swam crazy in tank for 10 seconds before turning upside down dead

It was a large banded goby of around 3 years

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

for those following

This is not my tank that just completely crashed and I lost all fish. This was in my larger 200g tank

It has not been my week for lost fish

That normal behavior for fish that are dying. They can spasm, shake violently, and jump. Just the final panic before death and nerves shutting down.

aXio;1102574 wrote: That normal behavior for fish that are dying. They can spasm, shake violently, and jump. Just the final panic before death and nerves shutting down.

Wow that's a chilling discription.

aXio;1102574 wrote: That normal behavior for fish that are dying. They can spasm, shake violently, and jump. Just the final panic before death and nerves shutting down.

It could have been sick or depending on his age it could've been just old age. Sorry for your loss!

It could have been sick or depending on his age before you got it, it could've been just old age. Sorry for your loss!

Back