Fishbit, the new aquarium controller

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
The Fishbit is a new aquarium controller that was previewed at CES today. An all in one probe for temp, ph, salinity, and ammonia. The device is powered and communicates through the glass using Bluetooth.
http://reefbuilders.com/2015/01/06/fishbit-aquarium-monitor-controller-launches-ces/">http://reefbuilders.com/2015/01/06/fishbit-aquarium-monitor-controller-launches-ces/</a>

So what do you guys think of this product?
Would you be open to using this on your tank?

Call me old fashion or even an old fart; but my fish question: where is being made? I would hope that the answer doesn't start with a sea, I mean C...

Wannabee

Interesting. Pretty cool for a smaller setup or as an introductory product for a more modular system down the road. If it could monitor ALK, I'd run it WITH my Apex. Looks like it monitors 8 things but I havent seen all 8 of them listed.

Being in a "kickstarter" stage, you have to wonder if this ever sees the light of day and goes the way of Vaporware. I guess they don't have too much money behind them if they're getting public money for the first run.

tonymission;1006295 wrote: Interesting. Pretty cool for a smaller setup or as an introductory product for a more modular system down the road. If it could monitor ALK, I'd run it WITH my Apex. Looks like it monitors 8 things but I havent seen all 8 of them listed.

Being in a "kickstarter" stage, you have to wonder if this ever sees the light of day and goes the way of Vaporware. I guess they don't have too much money behind them if they're getting public money for the first run.

I think the eight things are controllable outlets like the apex eb8
They currently have $3019 in the kickstarter fund.
a>

I will do it on the first of next month. It seems legit to me. The kickstarter amount is reasonable and not exceptionally high for a project. It's a good way to help better this hobby. I need a controller and why not test this.

I saw this product in person at CES yesterday. My initial reaction was that it definitely looked like a cheaper product than APEX. The build material and design weren't as nice. I was told the price for a bundle w/ temp, salinity, ph and 8 outlets was in the neighborhood of $350. When I mentioned APEX.... The guy I spoke with was said "this is apex for everyone". I could see there being a market in entry level controllers.... Will try to get some pics from their booth today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldedb;1006657 wrote: I saw this product in person at CES yesterday. My initial reaction was that it definitely looked like a cheaper product than APEX. The build material and design weren't as nice. I was told the price for a bundle w/ temp, salinity, ph and 8 outlets was in the neighborhood of $350. When I mentioned APEX.... The guy I spoke with was said "this is apex for everyone". I could see there being a market in entry level controllers.... Will try to get some pics from their booth today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that if I actually went to CES my head would explode.

There's not a lot of other info on what it does or plans to do. Is it going to be expandable (more outlets available), to what extent does it "control" other equipment?

I like the idea but there was another monitor/controller that came out a few years ago that I haven't heard anything about since it was introduced.

My concern is how often will you need to replace the in tank component. As it is most people don't keep ph probes and/or salinity probes for more than a year or two. So if the ph prove on this goes bad in 6 months you have to replace everything?

Back