Flatworm exit vs. flatworm stop

ptreef

Market
Reaction score
Flatworm exit seems to kill most, but not all of my flatworms (not Acro eating flatworms), but they always come back.
I just finished up a treatment yesterday but can see some stragglers left behind so I want to treat the tank again quickly to kill them without letting them re-multiply.

I can get flatworm exit for $20 per 10ml, or flatworm stop for $80 for 500ml. Flatworm stop is obviously more for the money.

What should I use?

I've used flatworm exit in the past. You are supposed to retreat a week later. It worked well for me.

I JUST got done with KZ Flatworm stop.
It works.

It is a 30 day regime though... not a 1 or 2 time dose.
Id use it again .
B

so far my plan is to treat again tomorrow, i really want to get rid of these things. causing too many problems

after multiple treatments of flatworm exit, i still have a few left after every treatment. i have dosed the entire bottle at once (advertises 300 gallons) in my 100 gallon tank and still has some leftover. are there any other alternatives out there?

the KZ stuff worked for me as far as I know...

That combined with 2 new wrasses should do the trick

would it work with mine not being AEFW? these don't touch acros, i tried a yellow coris wrasse and arrow crab with no luck

Around the beginning of this year I had a horrible red flatworm infestation in my 24 gallon and was able to obliterate them all with "Flatworm Solution" by "Precision Solutions" ($25 at my LFS)... but it did take multiple treatments. I haven't seen a single one in my 24 in a long time.

I did however accidentally transfer some flatworms to my 80 gallon and, after my initial treatments, still see some every now and then. I'm keeping them at bay though by treating again sporadically, every couple water changes or so. I can tolerate seeing a few.

a few would be no problem but they are reproducing so fast. i just dosed two days ago after not treating for two weeks and there were probably 100 flatworms

Yeah, it's painful at first, but I think it just takes persistence.. make the treatments more frequent. Now that I think about it more though, I can't attribute all the success to Flatworm Solution.

I also remember taking all the live rock out of my tank and dipping the rock in Coral Revive or Coral Rx to drive everything out of the rock (I was mad!). You might wanna try that...

I did that on a 24 gallon so it was annoying but not impossible. I haven't dipped all the rock in my 80 because I do have some giant rocks... so maybe that's why I still have some flatworms in my 80 but not the 24.

I guess just keep plugging away at treatments... Also, maybe trying feeding the tank less (if you might be overfeeding)? I think I was overfeeding the tank when my infestations were at their worst.

I had the same thought so I am feeding less and upping water changes (mostly just whenever I do treatments now)

If you have room a malanarus wrasse is a great addition to chomp fw;)

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Back