Flooded basement again.!!! tell me how

Ok, here's the pics! man, I bet I wasted millions!

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38733&stc=1&d=1343600355" alt="" />

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38731&stc=1&d=1343600386" alt="" />

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38732&stc=1&d=1343600386" alt="" />

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38736&stc=1&d=1343600386" alt="" />

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38737&stc=1&d=1343600552" alt="" />

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38738&stc=1&d=1343600558" alt="" />
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend> [IMG]http://atlantareefclub.org/boards/data/uploads/attachments/784616=38736-IMG_7891_resize.jpg>
784616=38736-IMG_7891_resize.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7891_resize.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
784616=38733-IMG_7894_resize.jpg
>
784616=38733-IMG_7894_resize.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_7894_resize.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

B & D are on top & B is in (asov is upside down but in is on C,B side)

B=from ro membrane
D=out to DI

C= in from filters
A= out to RO membrane

I had an extra check valve and I replaced it just now. One RO membrane has an internal one.

both RO membrains are in series.....BRS upgrade.

I relooked at everything, all seem right!

what are causes if everything is hooked up correctly?

Yes, I just checked with directions in front of me...

I ordered a new asov...

The b side is in....

mysterybox;784638 wrote: Yes, I just checked with directions in front of me...

I ordered a new asov...

The b side is in....
In hindsight it was a dumb question the unit would not have worked at all if the check valve was in backwards:doh:

grouper therapy;784639 wrote: In hindsight it was a dumb question the unit would not have worked at all if the check valve was in backwards:doh:

In reality it is not a dumb question at all. Saw a 6" High Preasure Gas regulator put in backwards once. My boss and the shop lead spent all night one Friday and all day Saturday trying to figure out what was wrong. When I finished rebuilding a boiler on Sat. afternoon they told me to come releave them. When I got there, the regulator was in about 1000 pieces sitting on the hood of the truck. They gave me the owners manual and all the pieces and said it had to be up and running by Monday morning. (It was for the laundry for Ft. Huachuca AZ and a Priority 1). Stayed until about Midnight on Satuday and spent the better part of the Day sunday putting it back together and tearing it back apart trying to figure out what was wrong. I was about to fabricate a new rubber stopper for the valve assembly (figuring it had to be blowing by) but decided to take one last look at everything before going beyond the point of no return. When I looked inside the valve body it struck me that it didn't look right. After closer investigation the valve body was in backwards. :-0 I got employee of the month for that one. hehehehehe

at the beginning I flooded the kitchen floor. So I decided to add a float to stop the water filling up the ro/di container. After still forgetting to turn the water off I added a manual timer like you use on a garden hose. The reason for this is I did not want to waste, waste water while it was running and it was cheaper. This way I know how long it will take to fill up and I can click it and forget it!! yes I could add one of the other things to do this but I don’t want it to be totally automatic as this leads to more problems down the road.

downsized_0221021647.jpg
alt="" />

eagle9252;784651 wrote: at the beginning I flooded the kitchen floor. So I decided to add a float to stop the water filling up the ro/di container. After still forgetting to turn the water off I added a manual timer like you use on a garden hose. The reason for this is I did not want to waste, waste water while it was running and it was cheaper. This way I know how long it will take to fill up and I can click it and forget it!! yes I could add one of the other things to do this but I don’t want it to be totally automatic as this leads to more problems down the road.

downsized_0221021647.jpg
alt="" />

That's a great idea.I have been very lucky so far I have almost flooded the garage 2 times.
I had the float valve and shut off but I was being lazy. I added it today only took few minutes. I may add the timer also.

I run mine once a week for several hours on a solenoid controlled by my Apex. I also use an ASOV as a backup, just in case my RODI container gets too full...

mysterybox;784638 wrote: Yes, I just checked with directions in front of me...

I ordered a new asov...

The b side is in....

Either the ASOV is bad, or one of the check valves is leaking, or the valve you have at the end of the DI "out" tube is leaking.

Buckeye Field Supply;784758 wrote: Either the ASOV is bad, or one of the check valves is leaking, or the valve you have at the end of the DI "out" tube is leaking.

thanks!

Thank you everyone! I appreciate your help! I just replaced my asov (3rd one), and my unit is pouring out RO/DI water in my empty 45 gallon brute...it was just a trickle before......it took like 2-3 days to make water....I'm thinking that was the issue, albeit I have no idea if it will stop...guessing it will....I cannot believe that for the last five years or so, I thought it was operating correctly in always producing a trickle of water even when not producing RO/DI....no clue...

mysterybox;785419 wrote: Thank you everyone! I appreciate your help! I just replaced my asov (3rd one), and my unit is pouring out RO/DI water in my empty 45 gallon brute...it was just a trickle before......it took like 2-3 days to make water....I'm thinking that was the issue, albeit I have no idea if it will stop...guessing it will....I cannot believe that for the last five years or so, I thought it was operating correctly in always producing a trickle of water even when not producing RO/DI....no clue...

Lift up on the float to check to see if it stops. :doh:

rdnelson99;785433 wrote: Lift up on the float to check to see if it stops. :doh:

Ok, ok, I'm not a plumber.....lol...

I'm watching Olympics...I'll just wait.....I'm a dumba$$ already....I'm just happy I haven't dropped ten gallons of water on the floor from leaving hosing in tank inadvertently in like a year! That took me 7 years to figure out...

mysterybox;785435 wrote: Ok, ok, I'm not a plumber.....lol...

I'm watching Olympics...I'll just wait.....I'm a dumba$$ already....I'm just happy I haven't dropped ten gallons of water on the floor from leaving hosing in tank inadvertently in like a year! That took me 7 years to figure out...

No problem. I will take payment in the form of a really cool Wrasse. And no, I won't kiss your wrasse. :up:

And no, I won't kiss your wrasse. :up:

Rich, Don't kiss anyone's wrasse.. there's a chance of salmon-ella poising. hehehe

oh by the way, I picked up a used RODI awhile back, went to upgrade it and realized that it may have an ASOV on it already... I may have to start a thread and call in the experts if it continues to outsmart me.

Uhh , :deadhorse:me too , now is the time to STOP the bad habit . Gonna add my shutoff and float tomorrow. Just got it in yesterday.

Back