FLOW in my 75 gallon??

joshl

Market
Reaction score
ok my new 75 gallon tank i was wondering how much flow i will need i am going to try to keep softies,lps,sps and some fish but not a lot of fish
i was wonder i will have a mag 3 as my return how much flow or what power heads and how many will i need?

I'd say 3 K3's or 2 K4's, but
a) that's only talking Koralias and b) just from my experience.

3 K3's? I have 2 and when they are both going it creates a storm in my 75. How do you have them directed. Just curious. I run 1 k3 for the most part along with an HOB skimmer and all seems well. Let me know how bad I am screwing up.

Dawgfan;378715 wrote: 3 K3's? I have 2 and when they are both going it creates a storm in my 75. How do you have them directed. Just curious. I run 1 k3 for the most part along with an HOB skimmer and all seems well. Let me know how bad I am screwing up.

Not screwing up, but I could use more in my 90 than 2 4s can provide... had them both in my 75 also. LilRobb has 3 Koralias (a combination of 3s and 4s, I forget how many of which) in a 55 with no storm and lots of flow. It takes a lot of experimentation with aiming.

I would shoot for at least 3k in the tank itself. Just my opinion. 2 maxijet mods will do it.

If your keeping the top of your water rippling and constantly moving the water at the bottom of the tank to the top for gas exchange then you should be good.

ok cool thanks for the info i am just trying ot get all my ducks in a row i just want it to be right the first time instead of having to do it over and over again

I had 2 k4s in my 75 but I just upgraded to two MP40s. The only thing in my tank though is one nem two acan colonies two clams and the rest is sps. The fish are on a treadmill that is maxed out (that's what the flow reminds me of)

Back