Flow question

york1

Supporting
Reaction score
My rs 250 is about ready for some SPS. I was thinking about running 2 icecap gyres 2k for flow. Would this be to much? I also have sum lps on the lower part of the tank. Torches,hammers, frogspawn and gonis

My red sea 250 return line gives off a ton of flow. Id say 2 gyres is a bit much. plus they are really expensive and reviews are mixed.

You can ramp down the icecaps pretty low. I just got two for my 66g which is a 32” tank. It will create a lot of flow but if that’s what you’re looking for it will do that perfectly. I run a 1k on my 20g that’ll go on the 66g too

I run 2 icecap 2k gyres in my 60g & 65g, run them at 100% in alternating gyre mode. Defiantly not too much flow in a sps dominant tank. Also have a 600gph return to the tank.

Dave do you use the dual pump WiFi box to control it? Mine unfortunately had issues during shipping and one pump wouldn’t connect. They’re sending a new WiFi module now to get it running again. I might hit you up for programming the thing lol
@dball711

Dave do you use the dual pump WiFi box to control it? Mine unfortunately had issues during shipping and one pump wouldn’t connect. They’re sending a new WiFi module now to get it running again. I might hit you up for programming the thing lol
@dball711
Thats what I ended up getting. Its pretty easy to use.
So far Im really liking these pumps.

@dball711

Yes I use the wifi controller and the Hydros app.

Curiously why did you decide on the icecap and not the jaebo crossflow?
Honestly only because I had a bunch of reward points with saltwateraquarium.com and they dont carry jebao. I may try a jebao crossflow in the bowfront as Iu need a little more flow

Back