formalin

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
anyone know any local shops that sell formalin (formaldehyde 37%) im trying to QT some xl fiji chromis next week and every time ive tried they died of uronema within a week ive read giving them a bath for 90 minutes in formalin before putting them in QT really helps

Marinedepot carries safetystop which is a 2 step bath of formalin followed by methylene blue. Per unit it is really expensive vs buying bulk of either but it's only $5 per pack and already a measured amount. They usually deliver pretty quick, I also have some on hand if you get into a pinch.

i ordered some safety stop from marinedepot usually when i order from them it comes the next day ive never heard of this product before but its worth a shot thanks
Marinedepot carries safetystop which is a 2 step bath of formalin followed by methylene blue. Per unit it is really expensive vs buying bulk of either but it's only $5 per pack and already a measured amount. They usually deliver pretty quick, I also have some on hand if you get into a pinch.

Back