Foxface Question

darren24

Market
Reaction score
I read in another post about this fish eating red / viney macro algae. I have some in my tank and want it gone. My question is will the Foxface get along with a yellow tang? Also are ther "different" types of Foxfaces or just one? Thanks.

Thanks Barbara. Does your have the one spot on it? Looked at the on LA just to get an idea.

Foxfaces and Rabbits need to be well fed or they will eat softies and LPS. So be prepared with that...don't want to lose any of those beautiful corals.

I caught my rabbit eating GSP...now I feed more.

Darren, those one-spot foxfaces on LA look pretty nice, don't they? Might just have to order one.

Barbara;166455 wrote:

Foxfaces are poisonous. Their back fins can sting you and I've heard it's similar to a hornet's sting. However, I doubt they would ever sting the reefkeeper on purpose. I feed mine with my hand and he comes right up and eats flake food out of my fingers and he's never stung me. I think the poison is nature's way of protecting him since he is such a mild mannered fish in the aquarium.

For what its worth- foxfaces are venomous, not poisonous. Snobbery, I know. Some people are VERY allergic to it.

if its the same red viney macro algee i hadf in my tank.i used a mexican turbo snail .i first picked it with a tweezers for an hour. i put in a big turbo and it ate it up like candy. less then a week and it was gone.i did constantly pick him up andf move back to the same rocks that were covered like kudzoo.

Darren I just got an orange spot rabbit...very nice looking fish. They grow pretty big but they are really cool looking, blue body with orange spots all over.

Back